Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Wow now we can talk some more about...? ? /////

Exavid could start his own board and talk to himself all day. In case he feels the need to post 'more'.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Guess I've had a 100 horsepower unicycle too long.

Ok how's this? Nice find TN. I like the lovely avatar 8 as well.

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Poor ol' Exavid. What with only 13054 posts and since hejust joined in Sept. 2004, that works out to about 16 posts a day, 7 days a week. Hmm.:waving:

He's practically a forumhimself.:cheeky1:As a matter of fact, I think he's exceeded the entire GWRRA bbs amounts of posts. Wow.:cooldj:

Warm regards,

Hobie.......2.6121 posts a day.:grinner:

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Hobie1 wrote:
As a matter of fact, I think he's exceed the entire GWRRA bbs amounts of posts. Wow.:cooldj:
And some of his were actually friendly too. What a guy.

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

I'd advise against this.So-called free hosting forumsgenerate revenue partly by selling e-mail addresses and any other info they can get about your members browsing habits, in effect you don't own your own forum as they have all the control behind you. They automatically track and log IP addresses, upload habits and other things If that's what's considered free, I want none of it.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

GWEddie wrote:
I'd advise against this.So-called free hosting forumsgenerate revenue partly by selling e-mail addresses and any other info they can get about your members browsing habits, in effect you don't own your own forum as they have all the control behind you. They automatically track and log IP addresses, upload habits and other things If that's what's considered free, I want none of it.
They are in partnership with PHP designers / programmers. I really don't believe they are doing those sorts of things. phpBB is probably the most widely used forum software and it is free to anyone along with upgrades since it open source and they have a great support forum made up of volunteers. Their software has the best anti-spam, anti-bot measures around.
But whatever makes your sneakers squeak.

·
Premium Member
5,928 Posts
imported post

tntriker wrote:
GWEddie wrote:
They are in partnership with PHP designers / programmers. I really don't believe they are doing those sorts of things. phpBB is probably the most widely used forum software and it is free to anyone along with upgrades since it open source and they have a great support forum made up of volunteers. Their software has the best anti-spam, anti-bot measures around.
I use wd-40 on mine:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

tntriker wrote:
That's not entirely accurate. Informe.com Project Team are in partnership with PHP designers and programmers solely in that they use PHP as the forum software. The way they hype it is very clever. Informe.com Project Team run the project by themselves and have control over all of it. The PHP designers and support people aren't a part of this project in any way except that their software is being used by Informe.com, so they would have no way of knowing what Informe.com's goals are. I'm sure that of all the thousands of PHP enginedforums around, the designers wouldn't be aware of most of them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.