2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

axelwik wrote:
Looks like...
Hey Marco.. glad your dropped by.. only see your posts about 1 or 2 a month now.. ya need to drop by more often:waving:... Have you considered Colorado (NASSIR 2) next September? Not too far from ABQ... (I worked "on the hill" (LA) for 5 years, so know your area reasonably well.. ) Jim

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

There is a catch somewhere, nothing is free. Kit

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I think you have to call to find out more. They're "new" 2006 Wings. They're running TV ads on this too. The dealership is just a few miles from the house.

Jim,
Yes, I might be interested in the NASSIR 2 in September. I won't be on a Wing, but it should be fun.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,819 Posts
imported post

Hmmmm, if they got them cheap enough, I might stop in there going up to Montrose next fall :D

I liked ABQ, lived there from '78 to '92.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

The local Honda dealer here had a deal going that if you bought a new Goldwing they would throw in a Honda 50 or a moped at no charge.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Wexy, what do you think? :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
imported post

Gee, no freight or set up charges on used bikes.
What a deal!!!

'New' Wings, at full price, with 3 years depreciation.
Why do I not get warm fuzzies?

But, I cold be wrong.
Whomever checks it out, let us know.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Sounds fair to me, I'll buy the Honda 50 and get the 'Wing free?:action:Good to see you on the forum again Marco. Hope you're making lots of money out of them rocks!:cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Must be something in the water. Harley announced today if you buy a new Harley, they'll give you 100 shares of Harley stock with it.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

mikef wrote:
Must be something in the water. Harley announced today if you buy a new Harley, they'll give you 100 shares of Harley stock with it.
Says something about where they think their stock is going.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
imported post

All I know is with all this going on, it is nice to know that I can hop on my 1100 tomorrow and go for a ride. Do you guys think there is a real chance Honda would ever stop production of the Goldwing?

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

All things come to an end. It depends on how many Goldwings they sell each year. You can bet that most dealers would rather not deal with 'Wings, most of their money is made on other models and products that aren't as complex to work on. You can imagine how much easier it is to work on an ATV than a Goldwing 1800.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
imported post

I was talking to a friend this week who is a Harley rider, and he said our local Harley dealer is a bit shaky. Sales are slow...very slow. I suspect that if you looked on Craig's list etc., you will find a lot of low mileage Harley's for sale. A lot of folks are losing their homes. It is sad to see. The bikes have to go before the homes...wait a minute here. No way...I will NOT give up my bike! Fortunately I do not have to make that decision!

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Not too surprising that HD would be having slow sales, their bikes tend togo for as much as many of those cars sitting on car lots that don't sell either. I suspect that there will be some good deals on 2008 and 2009 1800s too in the next year or so.

There are a lot of people losing their jobs though the jobless rate isn't really that high, only a bit higher than it's been for the past eight or ten years ago with the exception of the building related trades and now the automotive industry. I think the big reason sales of many things are sagging is that a lot of folks are rethinking the idea of living way above their means on plastic. There were a whole lot of people out there that had a lot of toys that they were renting from the bank, things they really couldn't afford but what the heck just put it on the old card. There is going to be a lot of sudden lessons about economics coming to those kind of folks real fast now.

I don't know how many people, including financial advisors who told me I was a fool to pay off my house when I could earn more investing the cash than the cost of a mortgage. Maybe so, but now that things are downhill you can bet I'm glad I didn't listen and paid off my house in Juneau. It wasn't all that hard just made as many extra payments as I could and we had it paid for in ten years instead of thirty. It's amazing how much money in interest that saved, more than the whole original cost of the house. Since then I've bought my last two houses cash on the barrelhead. The moral of my rant is don't pay interest unless you absolutely have to. Never for a car or a toy at all. You can always drive a junker more cheaply even with repairs than you could drive a newer car. Same with bikes, cash only. Do that and you will be sitting in a strong position in hard times.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
imported post

Big E wrote:
The local Honda dealer here had a deal going that if you bought a new Goldwing they would throw in a Honda 50 or a moped at no charge.
That would make a nice charm on your key ring

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,819 Posts
imported post

Paul,

I totally agree with that one. I just wish that my house was paid for right now.

My truck is and my car is, and both of them are in good condition.

Just paid $413 for brake parts, and my son installed them on the truck.

The car cost me a $169 last week for brackets to hold the alternator back where it should be. But it is paid for, and no more monthly payments.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.