Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My route home today took me for a short stretch on Hiway 99 where it parallels I-5. In that short distance I watched a muttonhead on the interstate do a real dumb thing. He's on a crotchrocket (shocked?;)) wearing no shirt, shorts, and get this-FLIPS! He is matching traffic, about 70mph. He stands up, hands on the grips, and pulls a wheelie-accelerates to about 80, makes two lane changes (on the wheelie) and passes two cars! This was rush hour and the hiway was packed. Totally bonehead! Candidate for a Darwin award...

The good news is that I was on a different road, so I was clear of the potential carnage.

I found some new twisties on the way home, threw some steaks on the grill when I got here, and had a nice meal on the deck next to the river... I wonder if muttonhead is in a bodybag?

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

And we wonder were bikers get a bad name huh,:shock:

Bikes are only as dangerous ans the person riding them,:stumped:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Wasn't me, I had sandles on.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
imported post

we had 3 die over last weekend here in Chicago just a bunch of hot dogs raceing up and down the high ways and showing off

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
imported post

I saw one today, bone-head had to do the rear-tire hop at a stop light.

Funny thing was it started falling over to the right and almost hit his buddys bike!:action:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
Nitrowing wrote:
I can't get mine to wheelie -
I cant do a wheelie on my Honda 50. :whip:
I could on my Honda 50, all I had to do is to sit back on the seat a bit and drop the clutch.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
imported post

2 new idiot sightings: the 1st clown on a new 2005 crotch rocket was flying down a side street where i work hit a dip lost control, smacked into my co-workers truck bounced off and stuck it between an opening in a railing that goes around our lot. totaled the bike and broke his ankle and his pride. this moron just bought the bike the day before and has no insurance, what an IDIOT. he must have been dropped on his head as a child.

2nd sighting we were driving home sat night,{had to take the minivan the wife is still not sure of riding on the bike yet} moron #2 doing 120mph+ using cars on the freeway as slalom course if I would of had 1 more coat of wax on the van he would of hit us. what a jerk!!!! what is the life span of a crotch rocket rider? 1 maybe 2years if they are lucky. if they want to kill themselves fine, but don't invove me or my family in their stupidity.

steve/hdtp57

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
imported post

I drove a 2000 Katana 750 fro a few years, I liked the power, but about the most stupid thing I dd was to run it up about 120 on open interstate. Sold it, at 35 I figured I'd get soemthing a little more in line with the folks I ride with. And my back just couldn't take the stance anymore. no wheelies, no stunts, just tried to keep focused.

Now I have the semi-naked GL1100, comfortable (did almost 200 miles one day on the katana, finally felt my backside about 2 days later) and a lot more sensible. doing a restoral on her now though, got a bit more work left to do.

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Today on the way home from work this guy ahead of me on a harley all dressed up in a bussines suit pulled up to the stop light, AND NEVER PUT HIS FEET DOWN!!! :shock:

So over went the bike, Smashed the mirror off, scuffed up his exhaust, and broke his brake lever, and he also burnt his suit.

I helped him pick up the bike, All the guy could say was I can't belive I did that:gunhead:. And all I could do was laugh:D.

Thats almost better then my boss did when he was younger, he was pretty drunk and pulled up to a stop light and tipped over right on the hood of a cop car. I guess the cop wasn't to amused

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Gearhead76 wrote:
Today on the way home from work this guy ahead of me on a harley all dressed up in a bussines suit pulled up to the stop light, AND NEVER PUT HIS FEET DOWN!!! :shock:

So over went the bike, Smashed the mirror off, scuffed up his exhaust, and broke his brake lever, and he also burnt his suit.
Hey Gearhead76 :waving:This guy needs a trike urgently. :crying:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
imported post

Or at least some training wheels

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

He's an "Organ Doner" ! Just a matter of time !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.