Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Took a ride yesterday with the wife, and every time we hit a bump I hear a moan in the Edsets. At first I thought the bumps were just surpising here, but she says that each bump is like a shot in the gut which leads me to believe I may be bottoming out the back end (she's all of 100 lbs, so save the jokes).

Anywho, does anyone know the recommended pressures front and back, I don't have a manual for the beast. Pressures in kPa would be best - since that what the display is in.

Thanks again,

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Book says 0 to 6 lbs on the front, and 0 to 57 on the rear suspension on the 1200. It all depends on the weight and driving style, I only run 15 in the rear with a passenger and 1 lb in the front. Just my personal choices. I like it to ride soft and smooth. It does handle different you may or may not like those pressures.:)

:12red::12red::cool:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Davesaul, my wife and I aren't lightweights and I ran around 50psi in the rear and around 8psi in the front when I had a 1986 SEi. Irun around 50psi in the rear of my current bike, a 1500. The piston size of the rear shocks are pretty close to the same on your LTD and my Progressive 416s. It may be that your shock's internal springs are a little saggy. In time they do lose some of their springiness. Bottoming out is hard on riders and the bike too.

·
Premium Member
2,148 Posts
imported post

Hey davesaul, what pressures are you currently running? When I run higher pressures my bike rides very stiff, every bump is a jolt.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I'm currently at 110 kPa on the front, and 155kPa on the back which seems a bit soft, but alright when its just me. As I said, I don't havea feel for the range in kPa, and its hard to experiment since my "autoleveler" isn't working.

The compressor works, but doesn't seem to engage when I try to adjust the shocks. So, I'll run a line from the compressor to the manual air valves but before I do, I wanted to get "median" recommended pressures.

Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.