Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I put on a new Master (front )cylinder and and replaced pads and can't seem to get any pressure at caliphers.

I have tryed pumping and bleeding but still don't get anything .I've checked the master and it is working ,I get a little fluid at left side and a little at right ,I've pumped them several times with the same results,,still no brakes,,what should I try next???:?
Any suggestions ???

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

I always just take my finger tip and place it over the output of the master cylinder and pump until the master is primed. Just a light pressure when squeezing the lever, and heavier pressure when releasing the lever. This way your fingertip acts as a one-way valve for the fluid.

After that, put the hose end on the master, and do the same with the end of the hose that goes on the caliper. After all that is primed, but the hose on the caliper, and away you go. If you can fill the caliper with a small eyedropper first, then the better. Speed Bleeders are great to have as well.

Keep fluid off the plastic parts, etc...

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

Ok , I did that when I put on the master,still no noticeable difference at calipers.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Sounds like you have other problems that speed bleeders may not solve. You can get them at many auto stores, make sure you get part number SB8125L

When you bled the master you got plenty of pressure? At the end of the hoses too?

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
imported post

When I had an 80 , 1 time I cleaned all the old fluid out and had to take the hose off the MC and loosen the bleeder on the calipers then actually use a plastic syringe to fill the brake line with fluid before I could get pressure at the MC.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

No not plenty but some ,I'll try cracking the line at the T and at the calipers and see what that does ...I'll let ya know..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.