Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

My 88-1500

When i apply the front brake i hear a noise.I lifted the front wheel off the floor and blocked the bike up.I spun the wheel and applied the brake and it seems that when it releases is when the noise occurs. It's like it really releases really quickly. I haven't had time to check anything else but where the noise is. Would air in the lines do it. AlthoughtI have great braking power i don't like the noise. Arriving at a corner if i apply the brake 20 times i would get 20 noises.

Thanks. :stumped::stumped:

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Can you tell us a little more about the sound it's making? Grinding, squeeling, whistleing, playing jazz?

I'm just kidding around a bit, but if you could describe the noise a little bit more, it will help the diagnosis.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

The sound as i can best describe it is hard to say.No scrapping,whisling grinding.

The sound is only momentary.Once per brake application

If you apply the brakes easy or hard when i release them (the front) they really release so fast that they make a release sound that is hard to describe.If you applied your brakes normal then released themthe thump,puckand release well.The brakes work great. I even did a test speed up and hard brakes front only and it stopped great. This is a 88-1500 and i only had it since last fall.

I have a 1200 for sale and it didn't do it.

Thanks

Dman

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

If the noise is a click, I think this is more likely the anti-dive unit. I heard this before and it drove the owner nuts trying to figure it out.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Now that you sat that it could be it.

How did he correct it.

Thanks

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post