Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Wingers has any body had front end wobles on the 2012 model and poor steering,
I just fixed my problems after many battles with my dealer and am glad to pass on my advise,
Its made a massive diference to my bike .
Cheers

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Tell what you did to correct the wobbles on your 2012? They have been on all wing models with fairings. There are many posts on the wobbles.

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
ahhhhw --- come on now. don`t leave us just drooling and waiting for the info.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Hi Wingers has any body had front end wobles on the 2012 model and poor steering,
I just fixed my problems after many battles with my dealer and am glad to pass on my advise,...
Cheers
ahhhhw --- come on now. don`t leave us just drooling and waiting for the info.
MAYBEEEeeeee he fixed it by not riding it?
:ssshh:

__"woo"__
(yah, I get misunderstood too when I input the wrong output.. . .. .. fixed)
:?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey FM id ride my wing whitout a front wheel if i had to,anyway when i picked it up i was in a state of nowhere, meaning nothing matters in life but my first ride on my black wing 2012,and still cant get the smile off my face.
After when the nerves settled around 500kls i noticed that the steering was a little sub standard,and a little wobble at low speeds 50 to 70 kls, turning was poor at low speeds,so when i took it in for first service they told me that the tire presher has to be spot on,needs to be 41 to 42 for my bike, icame back and told my dealer that to check the bearings and front end cause im not happy ,so they told me they will speak with honda and no resualt,so requested them to change my bearings to tappered ones and if it doent work ill pay for it,they did it,but you have to fork out for a supper brace and most important harmonic wheel ballacers from wingstuff,its those three together that will give you a the smoothest ride on a bike,ever.
The balancers will last the life of you and can take of when you swap bikes,
Also i allways by two sets of tyers for my bike,one set goes in the cellar in a dark cool place and when its ready to change the rubber has cured properly and you get a least half the amount plus millage garrented.:)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ps i forgot to tell you that i hope honda might and, i say that with great hesitation, are listening that with such a bike and the heavy price tags they should not have thier costomers to sort out thier problems,apart from that i could not be any happier.
kind regards

wing of oz

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
__ wing of oz __
GLAD to hear it's fixed.
I hope you know I was just kid'n round.

I had that dreaded front wobble several times in my life of bikes and never liked it. Worse one was on my XS1100 at +55mph. Without thinking I hit the front brake HARD. Lucky me that stopped its wobble. AND I was very careful not to go near that speed till I changed that tire. Also I always run my psi a little high. It's more of a mpg thing.
When I first got the bike, and on the way home, it road like I was on a cloud, mm mm mmMMmmmm. Not a crack in the the road did I feel, both tires psi were about 26.

As for all those extra parts that dealer wanted you to buy,.. .. .. it's just extra income for them. BUT HEY, if it makes you and the bike feel good, KEWL *******!
I have the bare bones Interstate model and only had that wobble once at slow speed. I found it was the tires cupping. Cups were alternating on each side of the tread and a new tire fixed it.

AIR PRESSURE has to be spot on? Nearly all the threads I read in GWF say it needs to be at recommended psi or a little higher (every tire has different psi's). I'm currently a Double-Darksider. After I got over the harder compound and extra psi "it's ah'real a'nice'ah".

How's your oil taste?
:action:

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
Hey FM id ride my wing whitout a front wheel if i had to,anyway when i picked it up i was in a state of nowhere, meaning nothing matters in life but my first ride on my black wing 2012,and still cant get the smile off my face.
After when the nerves settled around 500kls i noticed that the steering was a little sub standard,and a little wobble at low speeds 50 to 70 kls, turning was poor at low speeds,so when i took it in for first service they told me that the tire presher has to be spot on,needs to be 41 to 42 for my bike, icame back and told my dealer that to check the bearings and front end cause im not happy ,so they told me they will speak with honda and no resualt,so requested them to change my bearings to tappered ones and if it doent work ill pay for it,they did it,but you have to fork out for a supper brace and most important harmonic wheel ballacers from wingstuff,its those three together that will give you a the smoothest ride on a bike,ever.
The balancers will last the life of you and can take of when you swap bikes,
Also i allways by two sets of tyers for my bike,one set goes in the cellar in a dark cool place and when its ready to change the rubber has cured properly and you get a least half the amount plus millage garrented.:)
so this is what it`s going to take to get things working like they should , in the first place.:bow: i will bear this in mind for when i get mine.(one day, maybe)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know your jocking around i jocky around to but get miss under stood some times, anyway matey it also makes a difference on how your back end settings to soft and more of the wobbles, crazy hey! any how im over it big time and couldnot care if the bloody front wheel falls of ill still ride (doing a wheelie )HAA ha ha
Cheers and thanks for your kind response.

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
When I got my 04 almost 3 years ago it was awesome. After a while, it developed the wobbling problem due to some cupping in the front tire. I changed the tire and put in some dyna beads and haven't looked back. I am looking at getting the tapered bearings and better front springs, but that's just more out of want than need. The wheel balancers will probably do the trick more often than anything else, plus improved parts couldn't hurt can they?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.