Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Readers Digest version. 3 sets of Dunlops - no wobble - but tires all cupped. 4th set of tires - Stones and Dnya Beads - Best set of tires I ever owned - smooth as silk - stuck like glue in the corners - got just under 9k out of em. 5th set of tires - yep you guess right - Stones and Dyna Beads - Bike wobble in front end at 35 - 45 mph. Removed Dyna Beads from front tire and rebalanced with lead weights. Front end wobble not as bad but bad enough.:?A wobble at 40 mph sucks.:X My best guess - bad front tire??? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
imported post

Sounds to me like a bad tire or a tire mounted incorrectly. This happens. The bead can be stretched or not properly seated when tire is mounted on the wheel. Or just a bad tire. Have seen it all over the years. Also don't forget the rear tire. The rear tire can also cause front shakes like you describe.
With the shake happening right after mounting new tires, I feel it is a tire issue more than all the other fix's posted on these sights.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

Did you check the wheel and steering head bearings? If you have a bad wheel bearing it will start to create havoc at around 40.
Just replacing the weights on the wheel just prove that the balance was out with the Dynabeads or there were insufficient amount in there for the correct balance.

You didn't say what air pressures you are using. Perhaps that is where your problem is.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

I am running 36 psi in the front and 41 psi in the rear. I mount my own tires, so I don't think I screwed up mounting them?? I have a spare rear wheel with a Dunlop tire. I think I will change out the rear tire/wheel and see if that makes any difference. My son has an 08 with Stones on it. Maybe when he ain't looking I'll swap his front tire/wheel for mine. LOL! It is just frustrating to have that wobble if you what I mean.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

Buzzmoe2 wrote:
I am running 36 psi in the front and 41 psi in the rear.  I mount my own tires, so I don't think I screwed up mounting them??  I have a spare rear wheel with a Dunlop tire.  I think I will change out the rear tire/wheel and see if that makes any difference.   My son has an 08 with Stones on it.  Maybe when he ain't looking I'll swap his front tire/wheel for mine. LOL!   It is just frustrating to have that wobble if you what I mean.
You are lucky to have all that available to you. I'd swap over the front wheel first. Also check that the discs runs true, remove all variables. I had one pad wear out on my front and discovered that on one side a caliper piston got gummed in and wasn't retracting after the brake was applied now no shimmy.

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

bump your front pressure to 39 or 40 psi & re test.

Contact the tire vendor & tell him he has a bad tire & you want a replacement!

this is your life, Dont trust it to defective rubber!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.