Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, can some one tell me where the three plugs coming from the front fader switch on my 89 GL1500, go. There are two white plugs, 1 male and 1 female, with six wires each and a black plug with, I believe, with 4 wires. I had to remove all of the top plastics to remove the carburetor to replace the engine. My helper was unplugging wires and now he doesn't know where they go. Thanks for any help.:praying:

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Front fader switch beside Ignition key

Hello again everyone. A few days ago I posted a tread on the harness plugs to the front fader switch on my 1989 GL 1500, and where should they connect. Reason for my request is, I had to remove all the top plastics to install an engine. My helper disconnected these wires and now he doesn't remember where they plug in. Can someone help me. I didn't get a response to my last post. Thanks:praying:

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Sorry I can't remember on my 88 where they went. Should be some matching plugs there close somewhere, should not be too hard to find I would think. Either plugs on wires, or check bottom of radio.

I am thinking there should be a plug nearby for the speaker wires going to the speakers. I don't remember if the fader plugged directly into the radio for the speakers out or if there was a set of wires with a plug that went to the fader.
Been a couple years since I had mine apart and I mess with too much stuff.

Anyway, it's not that big an area around the radio and fader so looking hard you should be able to find where things plug in. Look at the length of any wires on the fader, the plug has to be within the distance the wire is long, unless it got moved somewhere else during the engine install.

Last day before starting a long trip with wife and trying to do last minute stuff here or I would go over to my 88 and pull the fader to look at, but just no time!

Why'd you install an engine, replacing a bad one or done repairs to yours? If swapping, what was wrong with old one and what are you going to do with it? I'd like to find a bad one to take apart, I may be heading for SC. in about a month maybe.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
Is this the Hondaline fader, or an aftermarket one? Upload a picture of it if you are not sure which one it is.

·
The Irish Crew
1,248 Posts
Your other thread in this is in the entirely wrong part of the forum, Site Sponsors. You should PM a moderator and ask him to move it or merge it into this thread.

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
see if it matches the small plug at the back of the radio.i think you plug the fader in to the radio and the original wire to the fader.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks chromo for your response. This is a Honda line fader switch. Besides the two white plugs, 1 male and 1 female, there is a black or brown plug. I did find a plug in beside the frame that was close to the length of the fader switch harness, but the wires, the same color, but had streaks running through them. I unplugged this harness and plugged the male into the female and the female into the male. I don't have the rear speakers hooked up yet but the front works with the fader. You think maybe this was the right harness? Hope I didn't screw up something.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
The connectors you are looking for are on the left side kind of between the frame and the air cleaner. It sounds like you found the correct ones.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
fader switch

Thanks wingnut. I enjoy reading this site and it has helped me a lot over the years. I appreciate you combining the post for the fader switch and the response I had to my problem.:claps:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.