Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Have a GL1800 with 35,000 trouble free miles on the odo. Have been considering a front frork brace like Superbrace or the Kuryakyn model. Anyone have any experience? Have heard "good " from some, "don't bother" from trusted Honda mechanic.:action::18black:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey ensign america :leprechaun: Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

If you recorded 35k miles trouble free :clapper:why would you want to fit a superbrace now. :stumped:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

There has been some debate about this very subject here as well. Try these two topics for starters;

ensign america,it looks like I'm the first to wlecome you to this fine Goldwing forum.

[align=center]:waving: :waving::waving::waving:
[/align]

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
ensign america,it looks like I'm the first to wlecome you to this fine Goldwing forum.
Hey englishted :stumped: You want to look again. :crying:

:walker::18red::walker:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks to Englishted and Redwing for their generous welcome. I'm not trying to tamper with success, but I had heard that forkbraces can help extend tire wear (although mine has been very good with Dunlops) and improve handling on irregular surfaces.

Even though I'm in the "colonies", I trace three grandparents and one mother to England. They were all from Manchester. Glory, Glory ManU and all.

I look forward to actively participating in your "board".

·
Premium Member
3,776 Posts
imported post

Another late welcome to the forum. Does your home of Somerset have an exit from the Penn. Turn Pike ????? :waving: :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

Where is Somerset anyway? We have a Somerset Mass.... What state do you park your bike in? :stumped:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Renegade wrote:
Where is Somerset anyway? We have a Somerset Mass....
Hey Renegade :stumped: Your a "Guru" and you dont know where Somerset is. :whip:

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Redwing. wrote:
englishted wrote:
Hey englishted :stumped: You want to look again. :crying:

Well isn't that something Redwing, we both posted at 12.36. First time I've seen that happen.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Let me solve the mystery.

1. no, not Somerset, PA

2. No, not Somersetshire, UK.

3. Whoever guessed Massachusetts wins!

ensign america

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

englishted wrote:
Well isn't that something Redwing, we both posted at 12.36. First time I've seen that happen.
Hey englishted :leprechaun: It's the seconds that count. :weightlifter:

:clapper::18red::clapper:

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

ensign america wrote:
Let me solve the mystery.

1. no, not Somerset, PA

2. No, not Somersetshire, UK.

3. Whoever guessed Massachusetts wins!
Hey ensign america :leprechaun: This Renegade guy is from Massachusetts :stumped:he should have known that answer. :crying:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

Renegade can be faulted, I suppose, but there are eight Somersets in the Colonies. Acknowledged that Somerset is a county in south of England. By the way, Renegade and I are about 30 miles apart.

I'm very glad to hear that Gold Winging is alive and well in the UK.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

ensign america wrote:
I'm very glad to hear that Gold Winging is alive and well in the UK.
Hey ensign america :stumped: well i dont know about the UK, :baffled: but it's certainly alive and well in Ireland :clapper:where this great forum and site is based. :weightlifter:

:skipping::18red::skipping:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Sorry! Most of us unwashed, unkempt, and unenlightened colonials think that Ireland is part of UK. Many apologies. Besides English forebears, have family tree littered with the likes of McCarthy, Fitzgerald and Hickey. Fine folks, one and all, none motorcyclists though.

ensign america

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey ensign america :waving:No apology required. :clapper:
:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

ensign america wrote:
Sorry! Most of us unwashed, unkempt, and unenlightened colonials think that Ireland is part of UK. Many apologies.
Nah, not even most of us, and I do shower every so often. Don't comb my hair much any more though.

·
Premium Member
1,148 Posts
imported post

hey Exavid.. At least you HAVE hair... LOL :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.