Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Would anybody have a set of old 1200 front fork springs out or old set laying about that they could measure and give me the spring O.D.? I want to make a couple of spacers and would like to make them before removing the springs this weekend.

Twisty

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

I don't have springs, but I have a spacer laying around from replacing stock springs on a mates 1200 with Progressives a few years back. The Progressives are longer than stock so no room for spacers. I'll see if I can find the spacer and measure it if that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

GWNorman wrote:
I don't have springs, but I have a spacer laying around from replacing stock springs on a mates 1200 with Progressives a few years back. The Progressives are longer than stock so no room for spacers. I'll see if I can find the spacer and measure it if that helps.
Thanks GWNorman, I would appreciate it.

Twisty

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Hey GWNorman :waving: Thats what i call first class service. :clapper: Hey twisty where are you. :stumped:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Yes Twisty, let us know what country you are from at least. It helps when answering posts. I'm going to make a new post of this while I think of it.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

GWNorman wrote:
28mm Twisty.
Thanks GWNorman, I made 2 spring spacers just under 1-1/4" OD, about 12 mm longand installed them last weekend. So far that has allowed me to drop the front air pressure to something close to normal and still get decent handling and jounce control.

Twisty

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Budegan wrote:
Yes Twisty, let us know what country you are from at least. It helps when answering posts. I'm going to make a new post of this while I think of it.
Budegan, I don't know what's wrong. I filled in the country in my profile when siging up so it should be available and showing next to location. In any case it's north central United States.

Twisty

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

FitzAl wrote:
Well done Twisty! :D
Hey FitzAl :waving: Twisty didn't do anything. :stumped: You mean well done GWNorman. :clapper:

:walker: :18red: :walker:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.