Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Greetings from New Jersey!! Thank you for letting me join this wonderful forum! I'm a former Harley owner, who's joined the GoldWingers - thank goodness for a smooth ride!

Has anyone every replaced the front springs on their Goldwing? According to the service manual, I have to remove the forks to drian the oil and replace the springs. A fork bolt assembly tool is necessary to have - or - can the springs and oil be changed on the bike without taking the whole thing apart? :shock:

If so, does anyone know where I can get this fork bolt assembly tool (Honda part # 07KMF - MT2 - 0300)

Thank you to anyone who is able to help me with this. I will be happy to do the same for any and all.

Brian

·
Premium Member
7,133 Posts
imported post

Hi - Post your questions in the Tech forum and you will get lots of help

Hey! :waving: from Hamburg, NY
[align=center]THIS IS A GREAT PLACE TO BE![/align]

If you have Goldwing Technical Smarts - GIVE IT! :2finger:

If you need help - ASK FOR IT! :blushing:
If you know of an event coming up or a cool ride you went on - SHARE IT! :banana:

If you have a joke or funny story - TELL IT! :cheeky1:[/align]
If you have prayers to give or need some - FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE, SAY IT! :angel:

If you have anything bad to say to or about anyone on this forum - STUFF IT! :whip:

[align=center] WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!
:cooler:[/align]

·
Premium Member
20,620 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum from Kansas!!! :waving:

I hope you find the Forum as informative and as much fun as we do!! :cooldevil:

Again, Welcome Aboard!! :action:

Iam going to move this to the Technical Forum so you can get answers to your question. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
imported post

Hi Flyingcopters welcome to the forum. Here is a tool by our very esteemed Exavid and his fork spring compressor. http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum9/24889.html
I find that if you go to the Reference and Fact forum first, put into the Google forum search box over on the right hand side, and enter say "fork springs gl1500" you will come up with any number of answers to your questions.

If the standard toolkit came with your bike you fill find that you can remove almost your complete front end with those tools. Take off the front wheel, calipers, front mudguard /fender brace and undo the Allen screws on the top and bottom of the fork. It's all there for you.

·
Nobody
364 Posts
imported post

Welcome:waving:

Do a search for the term "progressive" for hours of reading on the subject.

Has anyone every replaced the front springs on their Goldwing? According to the service manual, I have to remove the forks to drian the oil and replace the springs. A fork bolt assembly tool is necessary to have - or - can the springs and oil be changed on the bike without taking the whole thing apart?
Yes, I have as well as many others replaced the stock springs with Progressive Springs. While you do not "have to" remove the forks-it is much easier in the long run, and it gives a good chance to inspect/replace the head bearings and the slider bushings. A special tool is required, but easily made if you can weld.

If so, does anyone know where I can get this fork bolt assembly tool (Honda part # 07KMF - MT2 - 0300)
Below is a picture of one of the tools I made,

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.