Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:?

I have had a recurring problem with my GL1100i since I got it last July. The front forks both leaked. I had the forks rebuilt and the right side seems OK but the left one still leaks and they will not hold air.

I purchased a replacement set of forks along with another set of seals rings and dust covers. I also decided to install the on board air compressor from an Aspy so I could adjust them on the fly depending on weight requirements.

The standard forks have the elongated tops with the air fitting and the hose that runs from the right to the left fork. The new forks have an indented fitting in them that appears to take an Allen wrench to remove.

The air compressor has a metal tube that appears to somehow attach to each forks with an air fitting on it as well. I think I have a combination of 1100 and 1200 parts and am completely confused on how this would be installed.

Has anyone done this or have any suggestion on where I could find instructions or schematics on how this would go together?

:baffled:

I can supply photos of what I have if that would help.

:stumped:

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
imported post

The Aspencade air system has tire type valves under the button controls. Probably the valves need to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

did you measure the diameter. they sound like 1000 forks with the allen tops and if so a smaller diamer than the 1100s. JB

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

WOW! That is sure not what I wanted to hear. They are supposed to be from an 1100 but they do have the allen style cap. Mine is an 81 Interstate.

If they are from the 1000 will they even fit in the triple tree?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

no they wont but I would get some calipers and measure the diameter first. 1000 forks are 37mm and 1100 forks 39mm and 1200 forks are 41mm..I never tried screwing allen type 1000 caps on 1100 forks but there is a possibility they might screw in. JB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.