Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front-left and right-rear speakers recently suddenly went out. If I move the fader all the way to the front, then the left speaker comes back on. If I move the fader all the way to the rear, the right speaker is still out. I have no idea what's going on. Is the amp having a problem?

Ideas???

God bless,

~Mark

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
Having some idea what you are working on would be immensely helpful.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry... I have a 99' GL1500 Aspy. I manually installed the rear speakers about 4 months ago. They worked fine until this week.

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
You will have to manually check the continuity of the wiring and speakers, if they check good the radio is probably the problem. Your 1500 doesn't have an amp unless it has been added, then it is suspect.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. It seems weird that I would lose speakers opposite each other. And that the front left comes back if I push all the power to the front speakers. Seemed like it might be amp/power related because of that. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to check the wiring this weekend.

God bless,

~Mark

·
Administrator
26,169 Posts
On second thought since the radio in a 1500 is not 4 channel and you have 1 front & 1 rear it could be the fader itself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts