Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello... Been slaving over this new old bike of mine since Christmas and am now putting it all back together....Been reading the forum nonstop, getting knowledge a lot of good tips! Come to find out, the front master piston is frozen in the bore. Tried high pressure air, Wd40, PB Blaster, even an easy out, and a lot o sweat.. No go, she's shot.. So here it sits with no front brakes.. ARGH ! Does anyone out there know a good source which won't steal ya blind, has good used parts or new after-market master cylinders???? Any assist would be greatly appreciated !! :?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
imported post

you might want to put the year you are working on , Someone might have a good one. JB

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

OOPs, sorry... It's an '81 GL110I... Also, been doing some more reading... I went to Bike Bandit and saw that new Honda front MCs are still available for the 96 GL1500I... Will this work on my bike? The pics look very similiar.. Has anyone ever tried this?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

This guy sells one on ebay.

HERE

Generic and chromed version. Said it works with dual caliper systems. I asked him since GL1000 and early GL1100 have dual calipers, and models after that had a single caliper. Gotta be a difference in the way it works pressure-wise, but who knows....

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Why not buy one on eBay? A used one should be okay sincevery few are in such poor condition as the one on your bike and many much older ones are still working well.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
imported post

Actually, the '82 was the first year of the dual piston caliper. All earlier models had single pistons in each caliper...

I'm re-doing my 81, upgrading to 82 rims and brakes. on average, a MC of that vitage is about $65-85, and who knows if it'll need a kit...

Todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.