Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I first noticed the bike woulden't roll very easy.......Then I smelled burning brakes. What should I do??

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

whilst you got the caliper off, you might aswell check the mastercylinder out, there is two holes, if the smallest one is glogged up it will cause them to stick, order new caliper seals first, then you have them ready, its and easy job to do,

nice picturial

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

great pictures

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I found the problem and you will not believe it. I had recently put on a chrome side cover. The fit was not exact and it was putting pressure on the brake pedal of only a 1/4 inch or less, enough to thro off the whole function of the linked brake system. I had not noticed this. This was also the reason I coulden't bleed the brakes a couple weeks ago. As soon as I removed the side trim she worked fine. How often these little goofs go un noticed is beyond me. I thank youfor the pictures and advice as one day I will certainly be redoing those calibers anyway.Now I am ahead of the game. :waving:

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
imported post

Isn't that just annoying how some chorme bits just cause problems. I've had bad experiences of chrome brake and clutch levers causing problems, ie cruise not working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.