Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I may be wrong but I do not think anyone would argue that the weather here for this gathering has been well, not the best. Of course it did not snow or ice up so thats a plus, but give it a while.

Determined to make something of the trip, and with the weather being so wet and dismal I decided I must do something for my 637 mile, wet effort to arrive. Yesterday I went to Skyline Caverns, it was OK but todays trip to the Luray Caverns was well worth the trip.

Once inside the formations are beyond anything I am capable of describing in an accurate and descriptive accounting. Spectacular is all I can say. Once inside you never feel closed in or confined. There is plenty of room in the walkways of the tour and you are right up close and personal with the formations and art work of millions of years worth of water running and dripping through limestone. I have been in many caverns and this is my favorite so far.

There is an antique auto display there that is part of the deal and you get admission to it with your fee to enter the caverns. 125 autos and horse drawn buggy's are on display but mostly autos. I was thinking if they had some old motorcycles there it would be perfect.

Here are a few pictures, not many of the cavern as it is very hard to take good pictures in those conditions. But we all like motorized vehicles. FYI it is 30 miles from Front Royal and adult admission is 23 dollars.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

We went to Luray a few years ago and it was a great way to spend a day with the kids.

It sure was a pleasure meeting you in elizabeth furnace, wish I had more time to BS. With ya.

Have a safe trip and if I get out to Cape Cod next year I'll shoot ya a pm, maybe we can meet up again.

Have a safe trip my friend.

·
Premium Member
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks, yes if you get to the cape give me a shout. Leaving tomorrow morning, hope it is a dry ride.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Glad to seeyou had an enjoyable day. Very nice pictures. Have a safe trip home.:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,238 Posts
imported post

Lou, Sam, It was good BSing with you two at the M & G, have a safe ride home guys.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Very nice meeting you also luddy:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

I was particularly impressed with the mirror like clarity of that reflecting pool shown in the 2nd picture. I was stunned when upon very close inspection I realised it was only 1/4 inch deep.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

Some day you should go to the "other" Rockport,washington.
About 8 miles from here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.