Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi again,

I thought I saw a pretty detailed(lots of pictures) description on how to get to the front speakers. I will be spending 48 hours in the firehouse so I figured I could replace them then. Thanks in advance from the noob.

Later,

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks D Money.... I saw the video from that link... Still good info in here.

Later,

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I did it and still have 24 hours to go until I get released from job prison.

I took a couple of pics. The first is the old and busted. Wasn't really busted but almost 13 years old.

The next is the new hotness

And I elected to take out the fairing pocket and the turn signals. This allowed me access to the top of the fairing vent tabs (turn signal opening) and the bottom vent tabs (through the fairing pocket). Made it a lot easier getting the vent out.

I don't know what to do about the top mirror screw it was a PITA. I had to take a short phillips bit that I had to duct tape to a 1/4" box end wrench. It worked but there's nothing 100 mile an hour tape won't solve.

The last is the speakers in the holes before I put everything together. I realized that I will have to remove this stuff again to replace the dash lights. I want to put LED's in there. The next time I do it, I will replace all those phillips with allen bolts. I figure that way the mirror screw on the top won't be that hard to get out. I can even chop/grind the short end of an allen wrench to fit in there better.

I also did the windshield adjustment because it kept sliding down after about two minutes of riding.

Thanks to Daryl "D-Money" for the help. Mana up from a noob.

And Mana for the Rudy guy. I got the speakers from Electrical Connections.

Now another 21.5 hours in the firehouse.

Later,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.