1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[line]

Hello All !
I'm really not special impressed of the front speakers originally mounted in my GL1500 model 1995 ! They sound not nice,it also seams there islack ofpowertoo !My GL1200 Asp. had a better sound actually !

Anybody outhere with some experience ? Do I have to buy new alternatively speakers with better sound ? Ordo I change thepower sourcewith a better one ?
In case of suggesting new parts, which type can you recommand ?

Thanks for any answer,

Best regards from

Jan Jensen
Denmark

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
imported post

Steve put a set of tweeters in the little spaces provided under the stock speakers when he had his 97 se, that made a big difference. Also he put polks ii instead of the stock items (at a later stage) and that helped as well. You should really consider a small amp. An amp is the way togo if you want punch!

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Skooter !

What are you meaning with "Small Amp" ? Is that the working effectivenes of the speakers ? What is a "polk" could'nt find it in my dictinary ?

Sorry I dont understand !

If you never go you never Know ! :D

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
imported post

Jan, Polk is a company that make speakers. Many Wing owners also fit an amp (amplifier) to their bikes with the Polk or other good speakers.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

JDuggan !
Thanks for that,- now it makes sence !

Best regards
Jan Denmark

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks weewillywing, Look forward to get them !
Jan Denmark

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

I got speakers for the rear of my 1800, they had tweeters built into the front and they make a difference. I don't know what make they are (threw the box away) but they weren't very expensive.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

I had Pioneers fitted that have tweeters built on to them and they sound much better.

Now I'd like an amp that I can fit into the little hump on the trunk so I don't lose any carrying room...

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
imported post

Well, I got a small amp. It almost fits where I want it...

I can't get the thing to give me any output!!!

I have it being fed by the rear speaker wires then outputing to the rear speakers. Nothing! Not a pop, crackle or squeak...

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

Jan Jensen,

I deleted most ofmy original post. This is a MOTORCYCLE forum, not a gossip forum!

I don't know if motorcycles are subject to the same import fees as autos or not. I was dumbfounded when I learned that import fees on autos is twice the purchase price.:shock: I suppose it does keep the traffic down on your highways though!:waving:

Bob:11grey:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Hi Jan, Do you live anywhere near Vejen? I am going there on wing sometime this year, to visit my girlfriend's sister and brother in law, and maybe we could meet up and talk wings etc. I am also coming over in my van in the next couple of months, so if you wanted any parts bringing I would be happy to bring them. I have heard from the girlfriend's reletives, just how expensive vehicles are out there, I wouldn't want to buy a wing out there!!

Pete

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.