Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

front struts taken apart one problem the guy put the lock ring's in before we put the shaft back in , how can we fix this problem?

any input is alway's appricated...

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
imported post

I believe drking is refering to the the front shocks. Struts are common reference to the front shock assy, on a car. --Keno

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

You will have to pull the shocks apart, and just put it in the correct place. Hold upright, and keep your atm or fork oil.
Nightrider1

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
imported post

Be very careful pulling out the "lock rings". If you damage them they will have to be replaced. If he fully seated the rings-I'm assuming you mean the OIL SEAL ring, try to use seomthing that will allow you to pull up ring evenly. Some of that leftover ATF wil be good for lubing the path to get it out. Not to be insulting, but this is why they make shop manuals with step by step instructions. But don't feel bad, I'm sure we aren't the only ones who ever put something back together in the wrong order.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
imported post

Be very careful pulling out the "lock rings". If you damage them they will have to be replaced. If he fully seated the rings-I'm assuming you mean the OIL SEAL ring, try to use seomthing that will allow you to pull up ring evenly. Some of that leftover ATF wil be good for lubing the path to get it out. Not to be insulting, but this is why they make shop manuals with step by step instructions. But don't feel bad, I'm sure we aren't the only ones who ever put something back together in the wrong order.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

yeah ok guy's thank's>i had them already apart my buddy if you will put the lock ring's back in so i was confused on how to get the shock's back together. but completed task, new seal's are in shock's are back together..
thank's longrider i feel so much better now that you mentioned that...:)

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

I nearly made the same mistake. Don't feel bad. Sounds like you done a good job.
Good Riding!
Nightrider1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.