Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I read somewhere, if you mount your front tire on in the reverse direction that the arrow on tire indicates, one will get MORE mileage from that tire. Bad info or good info? Karl.

·
Administrator
24,358 Posts
Never heard that but those that use a rear tire on the front normally mount it backward.

·
Premium Member
3,351 Posts
Hello all, I read somewhere, if you mount your front tire on in the reverse direction that the arrow on tire indicates, one will get MORE mileage from that tire. Bad info or good info? Karl.
Never heard that in reference to bike front tire on front of bike.

Could it be that someone is repeating part of a tale about guys running a Bike rear tire on the Front of a TRIKE, and reversing it because of torque loads?
The reason for doing it and why mileage is better is because a Bike rear tire has much deeper tread than a Bike front tire which wears out fast on a TRIKE which steers different than a Bike and will scrub the tread off in a hurry.
"Double-Darksiders" will do it too on their bikes, but I never had a bike wear a front tire fast enough to make it worth while.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for reply fellows. I have been running a car tire on the rear of my 2008 Gl1800 for 2 years. No issues so far. As for the front tire I inquired about, until more solid info is available, I will be mounting the tire in the manner it was designed to be run. From Alaska, safe journeys to all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts