Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought due to miles it was time to put in front wheel bearings. My local shop said that would have been done with the rake kit and triple tree 2000 miles back. Really, YEP, all the trike companies follow that procedure. I have a 1500 with a champion trike kit. DOES that sound right?

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I don't understand your question, or if indeed you are asking one. What specifically do you need help with?

·
Honda Guru
2,075 Posts
I seriously doubt that the front wheel bearings would be replaced automatically by doing the rake kit and/or the steering stem bearings. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to replace them but you should check them to make sure first.
Support the front wheel off the ground; it helps to have someone hold the bars in a straight ahead position. Grab the wheel at the 10 and 5 oclock position and try to pull back and forth. If there is any play the bearings are worn. Normally it's advised to check the bearings at either the 12 and 6 oclock position or the 9 and 3 oclock position. But the fender is usually in the way. You should be able to grab it better at the 10 and 5 oclock. You'll be able to feel the play… if there is any.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Our shop ALWAYS checks them when replacing tires. There really isn't a mileage replacement I am aware of. BUT the book does say check front suspension at intervals. That includes wheel bearings,fork bushings/leaks, steering stem bearings,tires,etc...
So if it is about time for a tire OR you are experiencing vibration or other issues. Then check them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.