Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

While riding last week, I noticed a shimmy in the front end when in a curve. I increased the tire pressure to 37psi and it helped some. However, this morning I'm backing the bike out of my workshop and while moving the handle bars left to right I noticed the front wheel seemed loose, I could hear the rotor hit the brake caliper. So I'm assuming that the front wheel bearings are shot. I found a set online from Ron Ayers, but they are for an 84 GL 1200. My question? Will these and the dust seals work on my 83 GL 1100? The wheels look to be the same. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Robo

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Not sure if the'll fit? But if you want a good set of bearing get the "All Balls" brand form any dealership, doesn't have to be Honda, got mine from Yamaha $17 I think? they work great!:clapper:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum Robo! If the bearings fit I'd suspect the seals would too, but am not positive. I know Honda changed wheels in the 83-84 period, I thought the 83 Aspy was the first one that dispensed with the riveted Comstar wheels. Looking at Steve's Goldwing tips page on this site shows the same front wheel bearings for the 1000 and 1100 but doesn't list these bearings for the 1200.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Hi Robo and welcome to the best GoldWing forum on the web. According to partsfish, the bearings and seals are the same, between the '83 GL1100 and the '84 GL1100. Price for both bearings and seals on partsfish is $34.96

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the Forum Robo. It's good to see another N.C. rider coming on board.:waving:

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks for the info. I ordered the parts and they should be in late next week. I probably should'nt ride it till I get this fixed.

Thanks again

Robo

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
imported post

The same front bearings fit all models form 1975-87, ie from the gl1000 right up to the last of the gl1200s. Part number is 28-6302.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.