Front wheel removal 1100 aspencade

890 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  sandcastcb750 
#1 ·
imported post

HELLLLPPPP

calipers out the way O.K.

clamps off the fork bottoms O.K.

wheel drops down O.K.

speedo drive and spindle still attached to wheel - how do I remove this as I am about to kick the cat

#2 ·
imported post

Manuals for download.

#3 ·
imported post

Axle must be removed. But manuals download is a great help.

#8 ·
imported post

Ghost Rider 2 wrote:
Axle must be removed. But manuals download is a great help.
:waving:The axle does not need to be removed. On the Aspencade remove the speed sensor from the wheel assembly. Remove the left caliper and bracket by removing the caliper mounting bolts and support the caliper so it doesn't hang from the brake hose. Remove the right and left axle holders. Jack up the bike until the fork legs lift free of the axle and remove the front wheel.

The aboveprocedureis from the Honda GoldWing 1980-1983 Service Manual.

On my '83 Interstate I remove both calipers and both brackets which makes it a lot easier for removal and reinstallation of the front wheel/tire assembly

#10 ·
imported post

sandcastcb750 wrote:
I thought there is a phillips screw that held in the speedo cable, that's all I did.

Unless you really wanted to grease the axle/speedo drive?
Thats right, just remove the screw to get the cable free and remove wheel. I assumed he wanted to remove the axle and speedo drive unit due to his post. Perhaps I overread it!

#12 ·
imported post

Anybody notice what that is outside the window in the avatar pic of Roy W? Just think now, that's an airplane window and I don't think the plane is on the ground!!

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.