Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Preacher Man
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I would sure like for someone to get me in the right direction on this matter. I have rebuilt the forks filled with ATF ,replaced the head bearings,put a new tire on the front, and when I ride it seem that the forks are giving as if they are too small. It is hard for me to explain the feel but it just don't feel right althought it may be right for this machine. My bike is a 85 LTD running 34# of air in tire and 14# in the front suspension .:?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,800 Posts
imported post

...Your tire pressure is too low. Put 41/41 in the tires front/back.

Then go out and run it a while. I think you will enjoy the handling a whole lot better.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

It might be worthwhile to check the length of your fork springs, some have compressed over time and weaken the fork's support. Installing a set of Progressive fork springs will really improve the handling, I had them in my '86 SEI and now in my '93 1500.

·
Preacher Man
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

thanks for the reply, this is a great form for someone will always answer I will try the air pressure . the springs are a little pricey for now but have thought about it before and may do it before long. THANKS, Mel

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

i have to second prog. springs mine were too short so i installed prog. wow, now i have them in rear as well. 2900+ couldn't be happier:action::waving:

·
751 Posts
imported post

I have to 3rd the progresive springs ! I was riding with a friend who had a 1500 & he said it LQQked like my front end was taking a nose dive & sure enough my front springs were weak so I got the new progressives & it felt like a new bike that was about 15,000 miles ago All I need now is a new front tire & Ill be back in the game !lol :dude:

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
imported post

I run a Bridgestone spitfire front tire with honda recommended 32 psi and 2-5 psi air in forks and factory springs. I get a really good ride over some rough nc roads.

·
Preacher Man
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

I increased the tire pressure to 41/41 as suggested by AZGl1500 and took the bike out for just a short ride and it seemed to made a lot of difference, for the better So thanks az.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.