Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Having my Goldwing with CB, and my Dad's without, communicating has turned into an almost comical attempt between us. He almost refuses to purchase the factory cb for his 1800 because of the price. It just rubs him raw. Funny part is, he is almost happier to spend as much or more trying to kludge something together to make it to where we can communicate.

So how about this Honda? Leave the CB option, but add in something like a FRS/GMRS radio. We have a couple of Chatterboxes that are used when we are on our other bikes, and they work just fine. We get on the top of the line cruiser and are forced to make hand gestures... (I do realize that a CB installed in his bike would solve this, but again, he's just not keen on spending almost a grand for technology that had its heyday 40 years ago. Especially when you can purchase a top of the line non-proprietary unit for a fraction of the price. Honda just has us by the shorties on this one.)

Also how about a couple of aux inputs that you can mix together. Right now, the 1800 has an Aux input, which works great if you want to hear an ipod. But if you want to plug in the radar detector to aux, then you can't listen to music. I say one aux input just like the 1800 has now, and another aux input that is 'live' all of the time just like the intercom that you can adjust the volume. Then we could just plug in the radar, and not have to worry that we have the right input selected to hear it.

Bluetooth has been mentioned as well. Make sure it's able to link the intercom to your phone so that your existing mic and speakers can be used to make a phone call.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.