Boy, houses are expensive... Just bought a new one, and decided to part with my 83 Aspencade and downgrade to just one Wing for now. Here are some details:
1983 GL1100 Aspencade
Runs great,very smooth
New battery, timing belts at 49k, plugs, fuel filter, air filter -- recent oil/filter change
Working 12V cig lighter/cell charger
Included but not pictured:
- driver floorboards & heel/toe shifter
- Never-mounted NOS passenger floorboards
- Air Wings (Wind Wings)
- highway pegs (not boards)
- owners manual and partial toolkit
Has all badges/emblems
Chrome is in pretty good shape, paint has a few chips/scuffs/nicks (no cracks or dents though)
All latches/locks work with ignition key
Radio currently not working (electrical's not my thing...) -- checked fuses and plugs. No activity from buttons on the radio component, except for setting the clock and ADJ/ME button.
Tape player definitely works as do speakers. CB and intercom believed to be in working condition -- guy I bought it from used both, but I honestly never have. Has both plugs for intercom plus passenger talk button.
The worst of it:
- Radio not working
- Rear break squeaks sometimes -- pressing pedal slightly makes it stop.I read somewhere on a forum thata pinholemight need to be cleaned and brakes bled, but I haven't spent the time. The rear pads are practically new.
- Air compressor turns/pumps on with dash buttons, but doesn't seem to pump anything up. All shocks hold air and don't leak. The filter that was in there fell apart so maybe it's clogged? Haven't taken it apart.
Mechanically, it'sgreat. If you don't come expecting the paint to be perfect, and read through the details above, I don't think you'll be disappointed. I really do need the money for my house.
Asking $2850 OBO
Can't deliver, unfortunately. But I wouldn't be afraid to drive it home to anywhere!
Radio update: plugged the head unit into another bike and it works! Plugged his head unit into the Aspencade and the same results -- nothing. At least I know the head unit is good...maybe it's the power supply. I've checked and replaced every fuse I could find and all of the plugs/connections.
As much as I don't want to part with it, I pretty much need the dough.