Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a brand new Garmin Zumo 660 for sale $625 plus shipping. This has a RAM mount and hard wired cradle for your motorcycle, it is waterproof and resistant to fuel spills abd UV Rays, has blue tooth, also has Car mount so you can switch from Bike to Car. 4.3" screen, comes with hard case to store it in. Preloaded maps for US and Canada, USB cable and battery.

Also has built in MP3 Player and plays audio books. You can plan your trip then down load it to the GPS. You can hook it up to your bikes audio system and talk on the phone hands free, listen to directions and listen to the MP3 player. Great Christmas gift.

If you have any other questions PM me

:waving:

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

bump :action:

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

When does the warranty expire?

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

I will look when I get home and find out for you.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

ttt

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

So did you forget the warranty question?

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Sorry I did forget. I am guessing it would what ever the factory warranty is. It has not been registered, never installed, I only opened the box to see what it came with.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

It would go by the receipt date from when you bought it

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

I just got it from another person (private seller) I will contact him and see if he has the original receipt.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

not that i know of

But this one does have the 2012 maps on the disk unopened

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Well since Christmas has come and gone I guess This will be the Christmas present to my 2004 Trike Project. Going to install this weekend.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
imported post

While your waiting to install it, go online and register your unit. Put the latest updates in, you should have at least 2 free ones. They put out updates every 4 months and if your unit has been sitting around awhile where you bought it, the updates will make a difference. Think about the lifetime update package, it's 90 bucks but it if plan on traveling they will get you out of some new construction changes alot more easily.

A little note on Garmin is if there have been any changes of roads in your town you can e-mail them with co-ordinates or a detailed description of the location and the will investigate and include the changes in the next update. You may know about the change of say a newoff-ramp, but someone passing thru your town can get screwed up. This is why they have updates every 4 months. If everyone in every town reported changes the maps would be alot more accurate.

Have fun and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Thanks for the information.

I bought thisone to fast, I really wanted the 665 instead, but I haven't had any bites on this so I guess I will keep it.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
imported post

Hey Flash, if you like audio books try 'Pillars of the Earth' I just finished it. I think you could ride From NY to California and back and it would still be on...:cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

Cool, now I just need to see where to get them from

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
imported post

2 places for audible books. Your public library (free/limited selection) online and Audible.com (not cheap). Start with the library, to get an idea how to load books on your unit.

They're really only good for2 or morehour trips, you'll keep losing your place if you use it for short jaunts around town. Audible books take some getting used to.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
imported post

I was told by Garmin, when I bought my 660, that the warranty started the first day you synced it up with the satellite so if that never happened the warranty may not even be started yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.