Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Changing out fuel filter and had found a previous thread with recommended OReilly part WIX 33003. Bought part however it is much larger than OEM. Is this the correct part? Doesn't look like it will fit in the same space.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Hi. danbowman

I used the NAPA 3003 it was a match fit for only 5 or 6$ some thread mention bigger filter body,,, as long as the hose ends are a tight fit. The body is ok some guys just dont use the rubber retainer I prefer using the good match...enjoy...

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Tight fit but it works. The rubber strap won't work anymore though.

·
Wild Rhino - Canadian
591 Posts
I just bought the Honda filter at the local dealer, it fit and was about $12.00, just what I did. Just don't go with the cheap crap they sell to everyone

·
Oh - THAT guy...
3,275 Posts
NAPA 3003. Excellent filter. Excellent price.

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I just bought the Honda filter at the local dealer, it fit and was about $12.00, just what I did. Just don't go with the cheap crap they sell to everyone

Ya there is some cheap stuff out there but 3003 Napa is good stuff made for replacement of OEM on american and euro cars model nothing to worry with this one its been largely provent ...:)

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What direction does the arrow go on installation?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
What direction does the arrow go on installation?
Arrow Towards the petcock/carbs, it's for flow direction.
The filter will fit snug as a bug in a rug against the shelter plastic and you don't need the rubber sling anymore.
Change gas filters yearly and at least clean the air filter yearly too, tap out dust and vacuum or low air pressure from bottom side of the air filter (helps you to see if you've had critters in there over the winter if no screen/wire cloth on the air intake horn).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.