Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

Geeez. For a GL-1200?

I pick them up for about $3 from Corona Motorsports.

It's a generic shelf-type item that fits the GL1200 and several other applications. Not Honda Specific.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
imported post

Most automotive stores have them. Be sure to get the correct hose bib size.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Ya that sounds more like it! What do I just visually match it up at the parts store?

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
imported post

HEy escogold. I ll ship one to you for $20. thats a $5 savings.

I get mine at auutozone, with a lil foam rubber to get the clamp to hug the filter right.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
imported post

sounds like the dealer is trying to sell you a fuel filter for an ltd or sei 1200

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

I tried going that route too. Everyone out there wanted to seell me one of the emgo filters for a carbureted GL 1200 but mine is a fuel injected, therefore the reason for the big price difference. Sometimes we have to pay for the little luxuries like no having carbs to mess with.:action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

I tried going that route too. Everyone out there wanted to seell me one of the emgo filters for a carbureted GL 1200 but mine is a fuel injected, therefore the reason for the big price difference. Sometimes we have to pay for the little luxuries like no having carbs to mess with.:action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
imported post

You should still be able to match up at Autozone, PEP Boys or NAPA for under $15.

·
Disfunctional Nimatode
3,381 Posts
imported post

I went to the stealer for some moly 60 paste. I also got a fuel filter....... they dinged me 23$ for the filter for my 86 aspy. Service honda was about the same price. This was for my aspencade. The filter I was running before this one was from OReilly Auto...... it was a generic clear plastic one for 1.79. It ran for 13,000 miles... no problems. You can get them on Fleabay shipped to your door for $3.98. The fleabay filter looks just like the factory one. I don't know if they are built with the same specs as honda though.

Never again.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

I think Dancinbear had the best suggestion. I went to a few parts stores and none came very close to the oem that I brought with me to try to match up. Went on ebay and in a few minutes found an oem replacement for five bucks and one dollar shipping for each additional. Sincere thanks to all.

esco

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

I also have an 85 LTD with CFI (Fuel Injected). The filter is attached too the fuel lines with somthinbg they call banjo bolts through the line into the filter I think. I guess the FI systems run at a higher fuel pressure than the fuel for a carbureted system, and it also attaches to the frame of the bike too.

So there in is the difference. For those of us who skirt the issue of rebuilding carburetors.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
imported post

I also have an 85 LTD with CFI (Fuel Injected). The filter is attached too the fuel lines with somthinbg they call banjo bolts through the line into the filter I think. I guess the FI systems run at a higher fuel pressure than the fuel for a carbureted system, and it also attaches to the frame of the bike too.

So there in is the difference. For those of us who skirt the issue of rebuilding carburetors.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

I found a filter at sears hardware that looks just like the one I have on my 1100. it was for a lawn tractor, $4.99.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
imported post

I was warned that lawn mower filters do not have enough flow.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
imported post

Big Cahuna wrote:
I found a filter at sears hardware that looks just like the one I have on my 1100. it was for a lawn tractor, $4.99.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.