Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have a 1996 aspencade , when it is running fule is puoring out from the center area of the motor I cant tell for sure where it is coming from but was wondering is there an easy way to fix this problem,

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
imported post

First things first (easiest first), when it is running open the fuel door and see if your fuel filter or fuel valve are leaking. Check your supply hoses as well.

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
imported post

If not from the fuel filter or valve...then it is more than likely a stuck float needle not closing off and coming from the carb bowl.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Snorebaby wrote:
If not from the fuel filter or valve...then it is more than likely a stuck float needle not closing off and coming from the carb bowl.
Combined with a bad fuel auto-shutoff valve.

You need to fix both.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

I started my 93 1500 today for the first time in over a week. The same thing happened to me. Gascame pouring out made a large puddle before I could shut it down. I have pulled off most of the tupperware, and removed the air filter trying to see where the leak is. No luck just cant see the hoses well enough. I dumped some sea foam in the carbs let it set then moved the slides back and forth. Next I tapped on the tops of the carbs. hopeing to seat a stuck needle valve. Fired it back up and gas is still pouring out. There are two small hoses running down the right side and going by the brake pedal. Gas is running down them from somewhere up above. I am at a loss what should I try next.:(

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
imported post

It is most likely the float valve not sealing- but before you take your carbs apart try this.
Shut off your fuel supply and run the engine until the carbs run out of fuel and the engine dies. This allows the floats to drop all the way, and the valve to travel its full length. Turn the fuel back on and with a little luck your valve will now seal closed like it is supposed to. This method has worked on my 1200, and I was sure glad I tried it before I took the carbs off the bike for a rebuild!!

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
imported post

Randy Peterson wrote:
Shut off your fuel supply and run the engine until the carbs run out of fuel and the engine dies. This allows the floats to drop all the way, and the valve to travel its full length. Turn the fuel back on and with a little luck your valve will now seal closed like it is supposed to.

Awsome trick!!!

A great, simple idea. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Tim.

·
Monkey with a Football
19,237 Posts
imported post

Mr Magic Fingers wrote:
Randy Peterson wrote:
Shut off your fuel supply and run the engine until the carbs run out of fuel and the engine dies. This allows the floats to drop all the way, and the valve to travel its full length. Turn the fuel back on and with a little luck your valve will now seal closed like it is supposed to.

Awsome trick!!!

A great, simple idea. :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Tim.
It is if the auto-shutoff valve isn't leaking.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
imported post

Update on my fuel leak. I pulled the airbox off and started it up. fuel was gushing out of one of the fuel lines that are connected to the three way tee that supplies the carbs. Replaced the line and all is well thank goodness.

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

well done andy thanks for the reply its good to get the fix listed as it may help some other poor sole in the future you would be amazed how many dont reply

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.