Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I've been looking at converting my 1986 Goldwing Aspencade from carburator to fuel injection. I've found a Honda factory fuel injection set from a 1985 Goldwing LTD. Will this work on my 1986 Goldwing and has anyone out there tried this conversion before? I'd like to do this but need to know all the problems before I get into this. Thanks. WyoWinger :waving:

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Come over to this group and join;http://groups.msn.com/BackYardBuiltGoldwingsBarGrille/messages.msnw

We are currently working on building a more economical fuel injection system for the 4 cylinder Wing.

As far as adapting the Honda fuel injection to a non injected Wing, it could be accomplished, but, the costs will empty your bank account, because you'll need a replacement right cylinder head from the injected engine, as well as the complete wiring harness, all electronic components (some of which are no longer available) and many other components.

I have just purchased a complete 1985 GL1200 fuel injected engine and will be using it as a test bed for our custom built injection system. Once completed we'll be able to tune our GL engines from a laptop computer and won't have to play around with carburetors anymore.

The ultimate goal is to fabricate a fuel injection system for all 4 cylinder Wings that will be able to be built and installed by the average backyard mechanicfor a very low investment, possibly about the same as having stock carbs rebuilt and synchronized at a dealer.

Vic

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Sounds great!!!!!! There has to be a fairly simple and economicial way to do this. The benefits would be enormous!!!! WyoWinger :waving::waving:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.