Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello you Guru's: Can any of you tell me if I have to use a vacuum gauge to clean the injection system on a 1985 Gl1200 Limited or can I simply go through to process without one? Thanking you in advance. Yukon Honda.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Will you be pulling the injectors or just putting injector cleaner through the fuel system? Either way you shouldn't need vacuum gauges.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

YukonHonda wrote:
Hello you Guru's: Can any of you tell me if I have to use a vacuum gauge to clean the injection system on a 1985 Gl1200 Limited or can I simply go through to process without one? Thanking you in advance. Yukon Honda.
If I remember from my Clymer manual there are some ports on the intakes covered with a screw. You can spray some carb cleaner in to clean the gunk away from the throttle plates. They suggested snapping the throttle open and shut while spraying and then adding injector cleaner to the fuel. I don't have the manual anymore, gave it to the guy who bought my SEI. If you can get hold of a Clymer for the bike it gives a cleaning procedure. Don't remember any requirement for a vacuum gauge.

·
Senior Guru
2,234 Posts
imported post

Hello YukonHondayou will need vacuum gauges or Carb Stixto synchronize the throttle bodies after you clean them up inside.

If they have not been cleaned in quite some time you may have to remove the throttle bodies to clean all of the fuel residue that has collected inside the throttle bodies and on the throttle plates.

Fuel injector cleaner additive will help to remove some gummed residue on the injectors and may help to soften some of the residue on the inside of the throttle bodies, but, doesn't always do a thourough job.

If you do decide to remove the throttle bodies for inspection make sure that you get new o rings for the intakes and be sure to keep all the air fittings in their respective positions otherwise you will need need seals for them also.

Vic

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.