Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i just replaced the stator on my 1100 ...... and what a job jeez....

this leak is not related to pulling the motor or anything like that

ive been smelling alittle fuel here and there but could never pin point it when the engine is running and you wrap it up and let off the throttle

there is a copperish rod behind the fuel inlet to the carbs on the right hand side on the rear carb i forget which cylinder carb its for but im sure there are some wing heads here who know what im talking about

fuel squirts out when you let off the throttle while its running and while the motor isnt running,

i drainded the carb from the bleed screw and no effect i thinkn its either a bad diaphram or sticking float????

any sugesstions

thanks

alex

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

right rear carb is the # 3 carb (sitting on the bike) and my take on the leak is that you either have a bad acceiator diaphragm leaking or a O ring thats bad.not a easey job to repair with the carbs in place . acceiator pump is only on the #3 carb. hope this helps some.

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

we took it to the repair shop that did the carb rebuild work, they tried weaseling their way out of it saying its because i did the stator but i caught them with their pants down because i did not remove the carbs i only removed the intake tubes and bungieed the carbs up out of the way

so they finally fixed it free and clear the diaphram had a tiny pinhole in it that they replaced they said it was from the ethanol fuel the 89 octane from the pump i dont know about that i doubt the fuel ate through the diaphram that fast if it did it at all??????

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

never hear that one. then did they also replace the O ring that seals the transfer port ? it seems if the fuel ate a pin hole .than it would also eat away at the O ring.
any way ----any more leak ???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.