Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

For those of you who are following my attempt to make my fuel gauge readas accurate as possible here is where I am at so far. The shape of the tank is hindering me now. It is lessdeep towards the front and far enough that the float is setting on the bottom of the tank when we still have about one third of a tank of gas. So....I am lengthing the rod, (read stiff wire), about 8 inches. Far enough for the float to reach the deeper rear half of the tank and hopefully this will solve the guage problem. However, not today. I'm going to have to take all the panels off the left side and the top to change the fuel level sensorso I'm going to wait for a day when I have more ambition andless pain.

:praying: :15grey:

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

On a 1500, you only need to remove the seat. I changed mine roughly a month ago, & start to finish It was done in an hour.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

:cheesygrin: Thank you for your responce. I know how to get to it. I just needed to know how to get it and Guru supplied that information for me and I have ordered a new reserve sensor. I want to get this working, it's the only thing on my bike that dosen't work.....besides me.

:praying::15grey: The Rovin' Rev.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.