Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

filled bike up.rode 137 miles filled again 3.054 gal. comes to about 44 miles to a gallon i think.

my math not that good......

alan:D

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
imported post

Hey Alan,

Just got mine a week ago and plan on seeing what I get. Try to post back in a few days.:)

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

on my 1100 i average 40 to 45 ... usually loaded or 2 up

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

On my '80 I'll get that, two up as long as I stay under 60mph.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
imported post

This is what I get withmy '82 1100i. During a full day of back road cruising at 50-60 mphI'll get 43-45 mpg. Daily commuting (about 80 miles per day with a mix of stop/go, county roads, and freeways) I'll see 40-42 mpg. On a road trip going down the intersate at 75-80 mph I'll getabout 35 mpg. When I get to areas where I can go crazy and run 85+ for long stretches it drops off to about 30 mpg.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

yesterday i went 300 miles 1 up, 75 mph and averaged 41, never got into it, just mellow, I think the lowest i've gotten is 38mph

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

The lowest I've ever gotten is 25 mpg. That was on the interstate in Kansas with a serious headwind. It was definitely not enjoyable.
The best is 47.8 and that is tikitouring around the backroads.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
imported post

I get 43/44 on my wing if I keep it under 75. I usually turn on reserve around 175ish. Has been like that for ever.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
imported post

want to thank everybody for the quick reply.i got that running about 70-75.it seems to be getting better.i add sea foam to every tank of gas.i have had bike a little over 2yrs now.and no problems with bike at all.real happy:D:D

·
Premium Member
2,974 Posts
imported post

I did some leisure riding and got 41mpg After some hard riding to and from work it droopped to about 37, Mellow for me is rarely going over 3k and a hard rid eis winding every gear to 4500 or more.

thats also a factor guys when do you shift how hard do you accelerate. What kind of roads. My trip to work is open with only 5 lights in a ten mile trip. Going to work I keep each gear at 3k butu comming home I wind her out to 45 for the first 3 gears then almost coast in 4th doing 45 - 60

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.