Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that bigbikeparts.com has the Goldwing 1500 petcock repair kits that were so hard to find awhile back.

So that 1) white smoke 2) bike smells like gas 3) runs rough problem can be easily fixed.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that bigbikeparts.com has the Goldwing 1500 petcock repair kits that were so hard to find awhile back.

So that 1) white smoke 2) bike smells like gas 3) runs rough problem can be easily fixed.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
imported post

What years does this kit fit? FYI; Honda changed petcocks in mid '97 model year. One kit will not rebuild both styles of petcocks.

·
Administrator
58,433 Posts
imported post

All 1500s regardless of year use the same vacuum operated fuel shut off petcock valve.

Now watch someone come along and say it ain't so.... :waiting:

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
All 1500s regardless of year use the same vacuum operated fuel shut off petcock valve.

Well when Wexy was selling the kits a little while back he had two different parts, one kit for the 97-2000 and one for the 88-96's, so yeah, apparently they are different. However, bigbikeparts.com only has one part number and their info states, "For 1988- 2000 GL1500 Goldwing". :? So who's right, our favorite leprechaun or Big Bike Parts, or could they both somehow be right?

John

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
AZgl1500 wrote:

Well when Wexy was selling the kits a little while back he had two different parts, one kit for the 97-2000 and one for the 88-96's, so yeah, apparently they are different. However, bigbikeparts.com only has one part number and their info states, "For 1988- 2000 GL1500 Goldwing". :? So who's right, our favorite leprechaun or Big Bike Parts, or could they both somehow be right?

John
I vote for the Leprechaun..............but then I'm biased, and he has a large cutting device.:D

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:

WRONG ... I have been on to big bike parts as we are a main distributor for them here and told them there are 2 DIFFERENT KITS .. but they said no, there is only one ..So I told them to let me know when people start sending them back to them :ROFL:
There are 2 different kits ,make no mistake about it ,, one has a much smaller diaphram ,the older kits are now getting harder and harder to find .....................

just a a note , if you cannot find a kit ,go to a breakers yard and buy a st1100 petcock ,it fits the goldwing perfectly :) :)

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
imported post

johnocooper wrote:
I have the Bigbike kit, new in package but the 1500 is long gone. Free to a good home.

Update: Kit found a home right here in Sunny CA

DIBBS!!

Is it the early or late?

If its the early Iwill pay for it and shipping.

Bill

·
It aint rocket science
3,820 Posts

·
It aint rocket science
3,820 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
imported post

Got an email back from them:

"Bill,
Thank you for your recent Big Bike Parts Inquiry. We designed this item to fit all Wings, so it will work fine. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me at 888-244-2453 ext 10.

Best Regards,

Michelle Einum
Customer Retail Representative
Big Bike Parts, Inc.
P: (715) 234-3336 ext. 10
F: (715) 234-6872
E: [email protected]
W: www.bigbikeparts.com "

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
imported post

Got another email after sending them a link to this thread:

"Hi Bill,
Thank you for the information that you have provided us, I have passed it into our Research and Development Department to review.

Best Regards,

Michelle Einum
Customer Retail Representative
Big Bike Parts, Inc.
P: (715) 234-3336 ext. 10
F: (715) 234-6872"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.