Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , its me again. I guess this is par for the course, Having something that sat for so long and neglected one problem after another. Running low on fuel ,switched to reserve and have gas leaking. Can this be rebuilt or should I get a new one. Second ,should I be able to start the bike in gear,with clutch pulled? Will only start in N. Don't have to use clutch. Thanks Dan

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Yes you can rebuild the valve you have to drill out the two pop rivets and replace with bolt and nut, the rubber part is available form Randakk. Yes you should be able to start the bike in gear if the clutch is pulled in if yoiu can't probably bad diode or switch at the clutch perch,

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,321 Posts
Randakk's kit doesn't include the gasket that is causing your leak. The one he sells is the one that does the start/stop of the fuel flow to the motor. The one causing your leak to the outside world is an o-ring type thing, but it has a square profile. Honda does not sell it.
Honda does sell the little disk for the inside for less than two bucks, if I remember right.
For your bike, they may even still have brand new petcocks available. Last time I looked, they weren't much more than the aftermarket kit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.