Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Took the wifes car this morning to fill up with fuel,not withstanding the fact that the road hauliers association had begun a three day protest over the price of fuel....for the benefit of our bretheren over the pond ...;in 2000 similair action by said lobby brought the uk to a grinding halt,as a result of this previous action the great british unwashed voted with there vehicles and went on a panic buying orgy....the practical upshot of which had the following effect,....because the hauliers failed to blockade the refinerys, deliverys were maintained as normal,tv news bulitins reported many service stations closed and dry of fuel,one weeks supply of fuel had been sold in one day,so with trepidation i made my short journey to the pumps only to find the situation quieter than normal,i must have been the last man standing to buy fuel which i did with success and no fuss,shortly after i was informed that fuel prices are to reduced to there pre hurricane katrina status ,down buy 4p a litre ,not an official statement but one of speculation,...is this the begining of the end,has the new world order reared its ugly butt and farted in our face ,i remember some time ago in the uk we suffered a bit of a potatoe famine,the price of potatoes went up,the price of french fries went up,potatoe famine finished full productivity restored,potatoes went down french fries DID NOT....think i might convert my engine to burn tattys.

Bob K

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
imported post

kEEP DRIVING DONT EAT THE FRIES THERE BAD FOR YOUR COLLESTEROL ANYWAY

LOL:walker:

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
imported post

Its OK for you chaps across the pond paying $1 a gallon, we have to pay between

4.5 and 5 times that amount.

I would luv to go and fill up and get change out of a £10 note, it cost my £60 to fill my

family size car up this week.

Cheap Goldwings and fuel, looks like its 2--0 to you chaps.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
imported post

manxblackcat wrote:

I would luv to go and fill up and get change out of a £10 note, it cost my £60 to fill my

We are up to $3.19 per gallon but its coming down. We know you guys are paying through the nose. But consider the difference in driving distances. My average monthly fuel bill is $350.00

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
imported post

Sir Slink wrote:
manxblackcat wrote:

We are up to $3.19 per gallon but its coming down. We know you guys are paying through the nose. But consider the difference in driving distances. My average monthly fuel bill is $350.00
My average monthly fuel bill is $900.00, & that's not counting the Wing on weekend rides.:baffled:Of course, I drive almost 7,300 miles a month(courier Service).

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
imported post

It costs me 15.00 per week to fill up my SE-i .

My buddies at work spend 90.00 to fill their Pickups !

Why do people insist on driving the gas suckers while fuel is so dang high!!!???

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Corvette but I dont drive them in this fuel nightmare!!

I have people pass me all day long doing 80+ mph in a vehicle that averages 16 mpg

this is insane!

Out fuel surcharge at my job (I drive a Peterbilt) exceeds 10 percent of the total hourly cost of the truck.... diesel is 3.27 a gallon here in California in my neck of the woods.

People need to get thing into perspective.... and conserve fuel period.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

It WILL happen--eventually. People will adjust and the demand for the big guzzlers will fall. But there were some very good points made here about the relative distances that we in NA have to travel. Crossing a good sized state or province would be like driving from UK to Spain, and unfortunately, our way of life led our families to widely separate. That too will probably change as it becomes more and more expensive to move around.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I bought my last new car in 1984. I figure that I've saved enough since then by not taking the hit of instant depreciation that I can buy gas until I croak. Gas isn't cheap but as long as I can keep filling the tank, I'll ride as much as I want. It gives me even more reason to take the bike and leave the truck in the shop.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

You guys don't know how good you've got it. Here a litre of petrol costs $1.55.

About 60 cents of that is tax. 1 US gallon = 4.4 litres you do the maths. My wifes people mover cost $100 to fill. My wing over $30

Andrew

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

About 60 cents of that is tax. 1 US gallon = 4.4 litres you do the maths. My wifes people mover cost $100 to fill. My wing over $30

Andrew

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Andrewl wrote:

Andrew

1 US gallon = 3.784 litres

·
Premium Member
2,525 Posts
imported post

Andrewl wrote:

Andrew
Actually 1 CDN gallon is 4.45 litres. 1 US gallon is 3.8 litres. I don't know about the other provinces, but gas in southern Ontario ranges from $1.10 to $1.25 a litre while northern Ontario is $1.50+ a litre. And thats why I love getting 45 mpg on the Goldwing instead of 18 - 20 in my Astro van.

Goldwings 4 ever.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
imported post

Verdayne aka Wingnut wrote:
We are up to $3.19 per gallon but its coming down. We know you guys are paying through the nose. But consider the difference in driving distances. My average monthly fuel bill is $350.00My average monthly fuel bill is $900.00, & that's not counting the Wing on weekend rides.:baffled:Of course, I drive almost 7,300 miles a month(courier Service).
I drive almost 12,ooo miles a month...(they buy the fuel at 6.5 mpg)

Thankfully, my fuel for my three autos has voluntarily been cut back as we all play close attention to trips to town and combine gropcery runs with other nearby family members.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Andrewl wrote:
Andrew
Yes I do. And you don't have to tell me twice!:jumper:

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
imported post

Shooter,

That's funny.....and sad at the same time.:baffled:Gas in these parts is $3.19.9 for reg. % and 10 more for the mid grade and premium.

I never bought anything that had to have premium.

Tom

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Trying to figure out gas prices to compare Canada and the US is enough to drive one mad. First you have to convert the US pump prices into dollars per liter then convert that to Canadian dollars if you know the exchange rate that day. I gave up trying to do it and just assume I get a bargain at home and ripped off in Canada. Last purchase yesterday was $2.79 ($3.60C) so it's creeping down again a bit. Goldwings 4 Ever's $1.10C per liter seem to work out to around $4.09 US per gallon if I got it right. I notice that this morning's Vancouver gasoline prices run in the neighborhood of around $4.00 US, all I can say is, WOW. That's a hell of a lot of difference just to cross a border.

Kinda funny, when you drive to Canada to buy cheap pills make sure you fill your car with cheap gas in the USA!

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Love that sign Shooter. The other one I have seen states Reg cost ARM and Premium Leg

Andrew

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
imported post

Guys, Guys, don't worry about the price of filling your tanks, think about the price of milk, bread, and anything else that is transported by truck( And what aint??) Not to mention all the plastic that is in everything is made from oil. I saw on the news that even the price of roof shingles is going up 20 to 25 % Soon the only people who will be able to afford to buy anything will be oil company executives.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

If you want to ride with the rise, buy oil company stock and you won't feel as bad about the rising prices. I did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.