Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

i am looking for information on where i can purchase a new fuel pump for my 87 Honda Goldwing, or if there is a place i can send for rebuild.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,757 Posts
imported post

I know the '87 fuel pump is not available new. I don't know what allyou will have to do to make a different year fit, or if it will work once fitted.

Know this Bikeon...Every single piece in the '87 fuel system is different than all the other years of 1200. Anybody that tells youotherwise is ill-informed or just plain lying.

I think your best bet is to go onto e-bay, or maybe ****** will have one. Are you sure yours is toast? They're hard to kill.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks for the input, here is the problem. once the bike is running i can ride for 30 or 40 miles and the bike shuts down. once i tap on the fuel pump i can ride again for another 30 or 40 miles. i have checked both the electrical connection and the pump and both appear to be working properly. i guess if the 87 model is not available, then i may have to look into putting an electric aftermarket pump on.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Be sure and post what you end up doing to help others who may read your post later.

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

All,

i ordered a replacement Honda prelude Fuel pump for my Goldwing. The part is close to an exact sizer of the one on the Goldwing. I will post my results once i have received and installed.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
imported post

My original fuel pump was spitting out fuel everytime it pumped,although it was still working. I replaced the original with an Airtex E8310 which is for a 1985 Honda Prelude. It pretty much bolts right on to the original mounting bracket.I did alot of research before buying it. It works flawlessly. My bike is carburated,if yours is fuel injected,you will need a pump with much higher fuel pressure.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.