Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time finding a submersible fuel hose to fit. Anyone have any suggestions? I believe it is 1/2" ID. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
22,191 Posts
What number are you looking at? The hose to the pump looks to be available and for only 7 dollars and change. Seems like a bargain. Shipping will probably double the price.

Why not just go to your local dealer?

·
Premium Member
12,730 Posts
partzilla says it is "bulk hose" To me that means it is not a molded hose , just straight tubing. I would take the old one to an autopart store. They should have ethonol safe hose .

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are correct. The hose I need isn't listed. It is the output hose from pump itself to a Male fitting on the front inside of tank.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
I used a 12" length of Gates 27093 (rated 30R10) for under $20 on Amazon. In my case, I was lucky to install it without having it "kink" for the 90deg. up-turn. Many folks have had great luck with putting a 90deg. brass elbow in-line for that up-turn.
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Gates-27093-Fuel-Line-Hose/dp/B001R5XSGU/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Gates+27093&qid=1566366072&s=gateway&sr=8-3[/ame]

·
Registered
399 Posts
You are correct. The hose I need isn't listed. It is the output hose from pump itself to a Male fitting on the front inside of tank.
If I am thinking of the same hose, this is just an overflow hose for the pump. The fitting inside the tank is just a rod that the end of the hose slips on to keep it in place. Just take the hose to an auto parts store and get the same diameter. It is nothing fancy or special. Just make sure it is fuel hose. When the pump is pumping more gas then the carbs need, it sends the extra back in the tank via this hose.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I'm having a hard time finding a submersible fuel hose to fit. Anyone have any suggestions? I believe it is 1/2" ID. Thanks in advance.
Reading and comprehension is important. He is looking for the hose "inside" the fuel tank...!:grin3:

I am surprised by some of the replies.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
HMMMM, , , ,the hose isn't listed anywhere, , , and I KNOW I threw my hose away because it wasn't needed, , ,sounds to me like this could be a situation where the OP might want to forget about "replacing" a submersible hose that isn't needed. The bike works fine without it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 27093 hose is 5/16 ID. Was it an issue to get it stretched over fitting on fuel pump. The hose on mine has 1/2 ` ID. Brass 90 sounds like a good idea for the bend.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
After 25+ years, my OEM fuel pump crapped out, ,I opted for the Napa/Carter P72190 fuel pump, and the Gates 27093 on the output is a nice fit. The 12" was close to perfect fit, , , IIRC I cut less than 1/2" off to install it nicely.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts