Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all Ive had my 86 wing now for about 8 yrs never had this much trouble with it seems to be one thing after another right now i replaced the fuel pump back in the beginning of june this one started leaking last week so i bought another one ( a brand I had on before that lasted 5 yrs) when I started the bike it ran ok for a bit then it started to miss and then wouldnt stay runnung so i tried to verify if it was getting power but i couldnt seem to get any power from eithe wire by the way which is the hot wire the green or the black with the blue stripe also which wires connect to which oh yea the pump has solid black and a black with white stipe any help is greatly appreciated thanks

·
Magic Moderator
4,482 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I believe there's a relay involved in the pump operation, hopefully someone with a GL1200 can verify that.

·
Administrator
25,378 Posts
Yes there is a relay, the engine has to be turning before it powers the pump. The black/blue wire is the hot wire, green is always ground.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if there is no power till the bike is running how do i test that the pump is working or even the relay which I cant seem to find I took almost all fairing off on the rt side except the top one that runs under the handlebar thanks for the great responses

·
Administrator
25,378 Posts
if there is no power till the bike is running how do i test that the pump is working
The engine does not have to be running, just cranking with an ignition signal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pic of the relay, bypassed the relay to find out this pump was not good, put on another pump(number 3) now bike runs fine only to find out now choke cable has snapped ,,,Do I need to remove carbs to get to the cable end or is there another way

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how do you get to the middle tubes to take the clamps off witout pulling the engine they seem to be holding everything in place

·
Administrator
22,201 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts