Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo everyone, i have an issue with My fuelPump wire , Ist Buzzing, After im riding yesterday, And This Morning, Still buzzing, my battery going low... anyone can help with my problems here? Ita so frustating! thanks everyone.

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
That is almost impossible unless someone has modified the wiring. Have you tried disconnecting it to see if the buzzing stops?

Reactions: GL rider

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is almost impossible unless someone has modified the wiring. Have you tried disconnecting it to see if the buzzing stops?
yes, now im disconnecting all, Battery, And the wire. When I disconct The negative Wire on battery, that fuel wire Its stop buzzing..

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
To me it sounds like the fuel pump is stuck on and running all the time. The sound is radiating through the wire. If it is an 88 or 89 could be bad fuel pump relay. If newer could be a shorted transistor in the ECM. I bet there is power to the pump at all times it is buzzing.

EDIT: Is it possible you have the Black/blue and green wires reversed? It looks like the blue wire goes to ground. I don't see well so I could be wrong.

Screenshot (212)_LI.jpg

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
I think the impeller in the pump is dragging, causing the vibration.
probably need a new fuel pump.

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
To me it sounds like the fuel pump is stuck on and running all the time. The sound is radiating through the wire. If it is an 88 or 89 could be bad fuel pump relay. If newer could be a shorted transistor in the ECM. I bet there is power to the pump at all times it is buzzing.
There should be no power to the ECM with the switch off.
Someone tell me the purpose of this relay.
relay6.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
There should be no power to the ECM with the switch off.
Someone tell me the purpose of this relay.
View attachment 324662
I don't know what to think. Is COVID getting to everyone? :p Are you being serious or sarcastic? I realize the relay cuts power to a lot of things including the ECM but what if it is an 88 or 89 with a relay? It is likely not an Aspy or SE as there is no filter on the fuel pump wiring. If you look at the terminal his finger is pointing to it looks like it is just a tab welded to the plate. Wouldn't that be a ground? Shouldn't it have a green wire connected? Puzzling. :)

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
I don't know what to think. Is COVID getting to everyone? :p Are you being serious or sarcastic? I realize the relay cuts power to a lot of things including the ECM but what if it is an 88 or 89 with a relay? It is likely not an Aspy or SE as there is no filter on the fuel pump wiring. If you look at the terminal his finger is pointing to it looks like it is just a tab welded to the plate. Wouldn't that be a ground? Shouldn't it have a green wire connected? Puzzling. :)
Of course I am serious, that relay serves no purpose as it is shown except to kill the engine if the BAS is tripped. IMO it should have a separate power source to really be useful. The title says 94 so I'll assume it's a 94. Looks like the terminal is disconnected and his finger is over the tab it connects to.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,751 Posts
Judging from the FUBAR wiring I can see, I'd say find the correct wire diagram for whatever year the bike is and have a person with electrical skills put the system back to stock.

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
IIRC,

the OEM wiring uses a solid Black wire for Positive from the ECM to the fuel pump, marked 'B' on the top plate by the connector.

The White wire is for the fuel sender, the upper wire looks Green in the picture, and in that picture I don't see a connector for it. It has to be for the Low Fuel Light Sensor.

The Heavy Black wire should show +12V or near that for 2 seconds after Key On, and then it is turned OFF if the engine does not start.

Once the engine starts, the Black wire has power again for the fuel pump motor.

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
Of course I am serious, that relay serves no purpose as it is shown except to kill the engine if the BAS is tripped. IMO it should have a separate power source to really be useful. The title says 94 so I'll assume it's a 94. Looks like the terminal is disconnected and his finger is over the tab it connects to.
Aaaahhhh.... That all makes sense. You had me really scratching my head. I guess I never thought about the relay and now that you mention it I can see where the wire would normally go. Thanks for setting me straight. ///// Well as straight as I get. :p

·
Registered
2003 GL1800A
552 Posts
That wiring is all kinds of messed up - looks like some original wires were cut off, and smaller wires crimped on, but only on some of them?

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
that's what I'm thinking now... Never change the fuel pump, since 15 Year ago...
The fuel pump is not the problem, the power to it not shutting off is.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts