Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There is fuel leaking from a little weep hole in my fuel pump. Can the pump be repaired with a rebuild kit and where do you get it without having to take out a loan? Thanks

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
imported post

Which model Goldwing is this for? If its a GL1000 or 1100, parts are not available and you have to buy the whole pump.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

There are a lot of pumps on ebay, depending on your model Goldwing. I bought one for $15 and it works great.

Pumps are usually a throw-away item unless you can get hold ofthe special diaphragm and are somehow capable of attaching it to the plunger like the factory does. I don't know of any rebuild kits. You might try tightening the screws that hold the top and bottom together (if your pump is designed this way).

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Roller, got my brand new pump from www.hondaonlineparts.com for around $58. Now they are $63. Part number 16700-371-014. Nice to have piece of mind when 500 miles from home, and 300 miles from the nearest shop. Last thing I wanted to do was trade my 22 year old fuel pump for another 20+ year old pump. Certain items need to be fresh, and anything with that old of a rubber seal is just waiting to fail.

Raymond

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.