Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Anyone know the best place to buy a fuel pump for a 1983 Goldwing Interstate? From the local honda dealer is $ 180.00. Thanks

·
Registered
10,509 Posts

·
Guru
3,074 Posts
imported post

you only need a few pounds pressure to run your carbs. You could check with your local auto parts store & see if they have a cheaper low pressure electric pump & wire it into your ignition fuse block. Just leave the mechanical one in place with the hoses removed & re routed to your electric one.

Just a thought!

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
imported post

speaking of using an electric pump, you mention to leave the old one in place? I was wondering about that. Would it be a potential problem, the old mechanical pump, still moving, up/down, up/down, with no fluids to either cool or lubricate, could it sieze in any way that might cause some sort of damage? I don't know if its some sort of cam shaft that drives it or what, but kind of thinking that it should be removed and the hole plugged against rain/dirt, etc.

Checker Auto out here in AZ has two electric pumps in the store, one about $50, the other about $80... Been tempted to try, especially since I'm semi-questioning my existing pump.

Bob

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

The pump is driven off the end of the camshaft, and there is plenty of engine oil to keep the cam lubricated. The fuel has little to no effect in keeping the pump cool, lubricated, etc...

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Note you can mount an electric pump on the tach gear box..all you need to make is a small plate to close off the top of the tach gear box and then mount the pump where the old pump was..

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

My bad guys this is a 1984 1200 interstate with electric pump. The title is showing this as a 1983.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

01 PUMP ASSY., FUEL
16700-MG9-771 (replaces16700-MG9-770) 001 $113.20

From same site I listed above. Part of the fuel tank page.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.