Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have no power going to fuel pump. Hot wired pump it is working. Checked fuses in fuse box, they are all good. Is there a fuse somewhere else on the bike.
Which relay works the pump.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

The fuel pump relay is mounted below the trunk on the right-hand side. You need to check that if your fuse is good.

It could just be dirty, but you have to remove the trunk and your saddlebag, if it were me I'd change the relay after all that anyway.

There might be an easier way to get to it, but I don't know what it is. That is all by memory. All I have to do myself is remove my trunk. I don't have saddle bags anymore.:D

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
imported post

Fuel pump operation test from service manual:

1. Remove right fairing inner cover.
2. Turn the ignition off.
3. Disconnect engine control module.
4. Short the BLK/WHT and BLK/BLU wire connector terminals with a jumper wire.
5. Disconnect the fuel pump outlet line at the fuel pump. Hold a container under the tube.
6. Turn the ignition on, fuel should flow.

If it does, I would check the connectors from the ECM to the harness.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
imported post

Also,

Fuses #8 and #11, relays #3 and #8 are part are the fuel delivery system (according to the service manual).

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
imported post

On the 1200's there is only power to the pump when engine is cranking on the starter or running. Are 1500's the same?.....Steve

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
imported post

Steve,

From what I can gather from the manual, on a 1500 the fuel pump is hot when the ignition is turn on.

·
Administrator
26,996 Posts
imported post

The pump relay only energizes when cranking or running.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
imported post

Dave,
Just so I get it right, the fuel pump test described above bypasses the ECM, and energizes the fuel pump with the ignition in the on position. So am I to assume the ECM controls the fuel pump relay so it will only energize when cranking or running??

·
Administrator
26,996 Posts
imported post

L8ndeb wrote:
Dave,
Just so I get it right, the fuel pump test described above bypasses the ECM, and energizes the fuel pump with the ignition in the on position. So am I to assume the ECM controls the fuel pump relay so it will only energize when cranking or running??
Exactly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.