Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1984 CL1200 Bobber
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE 1984 CL1200: I was in a hurry for a fuel pump and got an Airtex installed from the local parts store. It seems to perform great but sounds like it's really working. I checked the specs and it pumps up to 64 (sixty four) oz per minute. The manual says OEM pumps 6.9 (six point snine) oz per min. Is that extra volume / pressure likely to create problems down the road?

·
Registered
1984 CL1200 Bobber
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
RE 1984 CL1200: I was in a hurry for a fuel pump and got an Airtex from the local parts store. It seems to perform great but sounds like it's really working fast. The specs list flow at 64 oz per minute and 5 -9 psi. --- In contrast, the Goldwing manual lists the OEM fuel pump flow as 16.9 oz per min.The manual doesn't list OEM psi. NOW THE BIG VARIABLE IN THIS EQUATION is that my '84 Bobber has 1 Solex carb vs the 4 OEM carbs. Is anybody else running that setup??? Would extra volume (and possibly extra psi) be likely to create problems down the road?

·
Administrator
26,155 Posts
Volume, as long as it is enough is not relevant. 5 to 9 PSI is too much for the stock carbs, no idea what the solex can take.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I’m pretty sure it’s too much for a solex too. I was going to ask what size solex, but it doesn’t matter. I’d say oil dilution and flooding conditions will be the clues that you need to lower the fuel line pressure.

·
It aint rocket science
3,921 Posts
Reactions: Sidney
1 - 5 of 5 Posts