Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are there any other shut off valves that will work on 87 A?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
I assume yours no longer shuts the fuel off? I'm not aware of rebuild kits available, maybe others here are. Other than snagging one off a wrecked/parted bike, what I would do is an in-line shut-off valve which should be available at about any auto parts store.

·
Administrator
21,981 Posts
What's yours doing, or not doing?

Unfortunately, the '87 is a one year/model size, and if it's used on any other bike, I can't find out which one. So...

I drilled out the spikes that hold it together, rotated the little rubber disk inside and put some Teflon tape below the o-ring to stop the leak to outside.
Some careful drilling and tapping for reassembly and it works again, as it should. The o-rings to the tank are also some strange things but you can get away with normal ones there.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
A simple and better solution is a 12V fuel cutoff valve. The advantage is that when you shut of the ignition fuel valve will shut preventing accidental hydro lock which can happen when a carbureted bike is parked without shutting off the manual fuel ****. Just install one in the fuel line and wire to a fuse that's only hot with the ignition on.

http://www.12voltfuelvalves.com/12-volt-fuel-shut-off-valves.html

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is leaking when off.... the previous owner added an after market valve on the right side and it is awkward to get to....................

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
It appears in my previous post one can say petcock but not c o c k.

·
Administrator
24,819 Posts
It appears in my previous post one can say petcock but not c o c k.
Yes, no roosters allowed here. It can be a petcock but not a petrooster. :ROFL:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.