Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A full set of gauges which would include oil pressure and voltagewould be a very nice compliment.

The Honda Goldwing has always had a reputation of being a very dependable motorcycle without a fear of a catastropic failure as the result of oil pressure loss.

I'm not sure but, I wouldn't be surprised if the Goldwings have a system that the engine will shut down with loss of oil pressure for what ever reason.

·
Premium Member
10,010 Posts
imported post

here here, a full compliment of guages would be terrific.........

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,510 Posts
imported post

Nah!!!!!! ;)

It would just scare the bejeezus out of you to see it idling down around 6-8 psi.:D

Remember those old cars of the 50s and 60s? :?
No guages on them because idling pressure was way below 10 psi. People don't like to see things like that.:shock::shock::shock:

Now I have no clue as to how well the Honda oil pump performs at 600 rpm, but would not be surprised that 30 or 40 psi would not be the value you see on the guage at low RPMs. :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
imported post

Same reason my 94 Explorer has a bogus oil pressure "gauge" in it. The gauge is connected to an oil pressure switch. When there is "enough" pressure, the gauge moves into the middle "green" section. When there is "not enough", the gauge moves to the left "red" section. Even though it looks like a gauge, it has only two indications, but people don't know any better.

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
imported post

83 interstate has a outside temp gauge, volt gauge, analog clock and a altimeter. Lol the temp gauge is wacky as it reads higher than normal all the time.

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
imported post

Add one more for "real"gages

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Don’t need any more distractions, speedometer and tack plenty for me

·
Administrator
25,978 Posts
imported post

I must be an idiot, I like the lights. A lot more noticeable in my peripheral vision than a gauge and I don't have to constantly monitor it. It may already be there but I haven't noticed it, an overheat light would be good. My 83 had an oil gauge on it when I got it, down low on the fairing where the radio goes, very distracting to look at. I took it off and reconnected the light, could have had both but why? A volt meter OK, but with a real alternator and a light not necessary.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

YEA!

I agree, and make a dipstick adaptor , along with a heel-toe shifter for the 81-82 Goldwings. It's the 2 most redicilious mistakes ever made by Honda. Please get them corrected for us!

NightRider1

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
imported post

I definately agree on the volt meter. My 88 left me on the side of the road because the stupid brushes got stuck with dust and the alternator failed. NO WARNING until the LED DISPLAY started getting faint and by the time I realised it, I ended up having to make a good hike back to get to a phone.

I put a volt meter on my 1800 because, for some reason, honda still didn't and this bike is 20 years newer than my last one.

I'm ok with the oil light. I know the bulb works everytime I start the engine or shut it off but leave the ignition switch on so I can see the dash idiot lights.

Regards,

Daveo

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

I truely can not believe (all bike mfg's) have not adopted standards on their touring bikes.

Full set of gauges. :shock:

A user friendly (to get at) headlight bulbs. :shock::shock:

Plastics that have embedded crack-stop fiber.

Non-ripping seat seams. :shock:

User friendly Fairings! Just try to change the front speakers. :(

Electrical wire guage (size) that's realistic. Can't add alight or two. :shock:

A realistic & simpleclutch disc changes."REMOVE THE MOTOR"? (whatIDI0Tdesigned that one?:gunhead:)

I better stop here, I'm getting ERKED!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

would it be too much to ask for an espresso machine in the trunk please?( a real13 bar pump one)

seriously I think they should bring back the compressor as it is the only thing making me think twice about an 1800

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

cbltech59 wrote:
. . .seriously I think they should bring back the compressor as it is the only thing making me think twice about an 1800

REALLY!!!

And to "Kill 2 birds...", put that air pump

in place of the Fairingsweight block. ;)

Come om HONDA, THINK! Try listening to your purchasing base. Most Wing'rz do have some good ideas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.