Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

A neon-glowing sign off of Interstate 45 Tuesday night appeared to reflect a new, illegal business in Conroe—a brothel.

But everyone knows that whorehouses are illegal in Texas, and that the sign announcing an “Ass House” was simply due to a few blown fuses on the sign of an otherwise popular steakhouse—and the menu hadn’t dramatically changed.

The neon-glowing sign for the Saltgrass Steak House could have used a little more neon and a little more glow. Several consonants and vowels, letters of particular importance in this case, were not lighting up.

Instead of ‘Saltgrass Steak House’ shining brightly into the night, “Ass House” welcomed passersby.

Powell Gladden, general manager of the Conroe Saltgrass Steak House, said the message was certainly not intentional.

“We are a family restaurant. This was definitely an accident, and we’re fixing it immediately,” Gladden said.

Gladden had been informed that a few letters were burned out on Monday, he said. However, he did not expect a few more would follow on Tuesday. Gladden especially didn’t anticipate the outage combination to, incidentally, spell out “Ass House,” he said.

Gladden said they had not received any customer complaints and were able to address the issue promptly.

“The sign company told me they are going to be out here tomorrow. We will keep the sign shut off until it’s fixed,” Gladden said.

When asked whether a steakhouse competitor may have been involved as a saboteur, Gladden answered, “no.”

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

dwsonar wrote:
Did the manager say if business had improved?
Well I can tell you that this place is right next to the freeway, so :?who knows it might have added a few folks........

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

ROTFLMAO!!!! I would had have to stop if I had been going by if I had not known it was a steak house.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Gene:action:

·
Premium Member
1,735 Posts
imported post

Saltgrass is my fav, but that's funny. :ROFL:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.